4/5 events – AI songs and headaches

Tagged: 

This topic has 46 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Sean

Weird events today.

1. Otis’ Facebook says that he’s been experiencing headaches. That’s something we’ve heard was linked to mind control during the Tension days

2. One of the spam bots is still alive, and posting links to… an AI generated song? We’ve never heard of AI use related to the OSDM before, to the best of my knowledge. This could be… interesting

Sean

Perhaps nitpicky, but posting styles, use of capitalization and punctuation always seems to become a little more simplistic after people involved with the OSDM complain of headaches, no? Side-effect, maybe?

Chris
      Participant

That’s a sentry for you, consolidating four places with information into one thread.

Any thoughts on why the Mr. Shadow link was labeled three different ways: “Enter me” then “Enter ME” then “Truth,”?

Candace
      Participant

He didnt say he had a headache. He just said he was feeling under the weather.

EDIT: just saw his new headache post! Oh shoot

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Candace.
       Kevin
      Participant

@pandace88 He posted again about 20 minutes ago.

Chris
      Participant

A very interesting twist that we all assumed it was a cold at first, then to come out and say headache. I can’t be the only one that yelled “Oh shoot!”

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

This is very intriguing. I never really thought about it before, but we never really discovered exactly how the OSDM created the fake Addison Barrow personality it implanted into Sabrina Kern, did we?

Are we getting glimpses at the technology they used last year, now in the form of online profiles / email response bots?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Hmmmm…. speculating on this, what is the reason the OSDM is collecting data on human reaction is to create an AI that simulates humans? What if their goal is to replace people (shadows) with an AI / robot version of themselves, all Stepford Wives style? All of the data being taken goes into perfecting their algorithms.

Sentient robots def has been a theme in pop culture lately, with Ex Machina, Westworld, and Humans. I don’t know if the OSDM is quite that techy, but you never know. It could explain the differences between the Noah and Sarah we see in email and online, and the Noah and Sarah we saw in person.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Thinking more, maybe brainwashing was a failure. You can’t control a person who has a full personality for too long before their brain either revolts or becomes useless. An AI though you can program parameters in and update if things get too screwy.

ROBO SABRINA CONFIRMED?

Sean

@bcbishop – We had a general idea of how it happened but most of it happened “offscreen”. Definitely an interesting theory, if you’re right we may be seeing it happen in Otis.

But if the spam bots are involved, doesn’t that also imply that Otis isn’t the only target? Otis isn’t on the forums… we are.

Mike
      Participant

I reached out to Otis because “headaches”=TRIGGERED for me/us now. It appears as though he hasn’t had anything on his head recently. But if they’re evolving technology, maybe they have something other than a helmet to use now? Maybe some sort of hypnosis or something?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

I definitely perked up in curiosity when I saw Otis complaining of headaches.

And the artificial intelligence song reminds me of when they launched that Twitter bot that learned from interactions and within 24 hours was spouting white nationalist hate speech and shouting about 9/11.

The collective can work together to make something interesting and informative, or the collective can work together to destroy something.

Kevin
      Participant

@mike Say, something like, a song?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@thegilded I was thinking more about the discrepancies in some of the email responses from “Sarah” people were getting (wrong names here and there, etc) rather than the spam accounts hitting the forums.

If you don’t mind sharing on the forums, what was the theory for the creation of the Addison personality? Obviously the helmet was the device that “implanted” it, but actually creating it…

Creating the Addison personality could have been step one; recreating multiple personalities at the same time could be step two. Perhaps Noah and Sarah’s focus group was more about testing for certain personality traits and aptitudes, ones that were needed to move the AI project forward…

And just to bring things full circle, it’d be awfully easy for The Investors to boot Clint and Darren off the project if they had AI recreations of them ready to take over, wouldn’t it?

Mike
      Participant

@kevin – Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

UGH now I got this robot / AI thing running through my brain. Michelle said the one thing they couldn’t remove from Sabrina was faith, right? It would fit then that they’d have to shift to a new plan that involved a blank slate (no beliefs prior to programming) so they would not hit this snag again.

thehazelverse
      Participant

Truth is not Mr Shadow. It’s Daddy’s Car.

thehazelverse
      Participant

I’m just waiting for the day I can upload my consciousness onto a micro sd.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@nothenrygale I was coming here to speculate on the exact same theory. OSDM wants data to predict our reactions. What better way to test that than put it into an AI and see how quickly we realize it’s an AI–if we can distinguish it at all!

Chris
      Participant

@nothenrygale how do you think a blank slate might be possible when we’re talking about implanting an artificial personality into a host? Maybe what they’re looking for are host personalities that more closely line up to what artificial personalities they’re creating. Sabrina Kern was not a natural fit for Addison Barrow. Internal conflict arose. But say you seek out a very specific type of person whose ideals already match, say by putting out an ad, then you could hope that the two personalities would take to each other and coexist in harmony.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Just sent everyone’s favorite spambot @maddyxxx the paradox “This statement is false.”

Let’s see how that plays out. #Portal2

Anonymous
      Inactive

My first thought was, “But I’m already a robot…” when I saw this thread made.

Addison
      Participant

Ok, so.. since Artificial Intelligence is being referenced, and a big thing that’s been happening recently in AI research is neural network and deep learning stuff. Basically, you feed a bunch of human-created stuff into it, it pulls apart the syntax, and spits out new things based on algorithms that it develops and refines as it works, so the longer it runs and the more human created sources it’s given, it makes itself better. See: IBM’s Watson, Google’s deep learning stuff with photos and an AI that can beat the best human Go players.

Maybe we’re not seeing some weird alternate reality version of ourselves, but we’re seeing a neural network generated “version” that’s taking our words, seeing how we write and the things we talk about, and spitting it back out as original content?

Also worth pointing out.. @maddyxxx is posting a song created by AI called Mr. Shadow in topics about shadows. Otis’s cover photo on Facebook references this as well (image below). We’re definitely onto something. The more we write here, the more an AI neural network thing can learn about how we talk and what we talk about, and as we’ve seen, can imitate us pretty well..

Otis facebook profile

Also, and kinda related – the idea of the “next humans” and AI Machine Learning/neural networks may tie into this. Elon Musk launches Neuralink, a venture to merge the human brain with AI

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@addisonborn @mike is the one who set up Otis’ cover photo.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Fascinating.

So we may be inadvertently running a Turing test on whatever AI monstrosity they’ve concocted, or we may be the basis for their next iteration.

Both intriguing/terrifying possibilities.

The idea of finding similar personalities to implant the new ones on is a really interesting one. Makes me think a bit of the recent Get Out, but really, any fiction involving the transplanting of one’s consciousness to a new host or body involves lots of problems, namely the original personality always keeps some kind of foothold.

Addison
      Participant

@bcbishop – I can’t recall anything about the helmet writing memories, or really being told what it does other than that it causes great pain. I’m probably forgetting something but..

What if the helmet wasn’t writing anything, but reading? We know the helmet was place on Sabrina/Addison and many others in different emotional states. What if it was reading the subjects’ brains and turning it into data to be fed into an AI?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Just sent “Sarah” Russell’s Paradox. Will report back if I get a response.

Andrew K
      Participant

I too find it odd that Otis said he had a headache that is now gone, just one days after the Sinclair press release saying that Noah has diabetes and it could be affecting his head. There seems to be a pattern forming…

Sage
      Participant

Just re-read the National Geographic Article “How Humans Are Shaping Our Own Evolution” that Sarah Sinclair had in her binder at Julie’s book store meeting. It’s pretty clear: Cyborgs or highly evolved humans that incorporate normal biology with technology in order to create a super intelligent superior human. Not sure how or why The System or Sarah Sinclair wants to do this…but it was right in her binder.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

Hey All!

Otis just messaged me back =)

Twan: Hey Otis, You probably we are all a part of this weird interactive experience/cult thing. You seem like a nice guy, so I just wanted to do my part as your friend to keep you safe. Weird things might actually start happening to you because everyone genuinely likes you. Please be safe ?
      3:41PM

Otis: twan i’m not scared of too much these days
      when you get to do and see the things i have you find there aren’t too many things that you can’t handle with a smile
      i appreciate anyone that has an active imagination though and you seem to have one so thank you for the advice young man!
      about to take a nap
      goodbye for now!

Twan: Thanks, feel better Otis! You have a great attitude about all this

Cristen
      Participant

I spoke with Otis over messenger just now and he is very overwhelmed!
      “no, no, no
      i don’t know what to post but someone told me to just say how I was feeling
      everyone is asking me about headaches this and headaches that
      are they going to do that every time I post
      i stay positive but that might get tiring to tell the truth!”

I think we shouldn’t flood him with messages every time he posts something. Poor guy is brand new to Facebook and is getting pretty hammered from concerned citizens right now.

Sean

@wanda102 brings up a good point. We should probably cool it with the Hug of Death. I’ve been guilty of targeting the headache thing, I’ll stop going forward

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Poor Otis, don’t you people have better things to do with your time than email these people gibberish that makes no sense to them?

-the person who emailed Sarah a paradox

Daniel
      Participant

What if the Noah system is some kind of scifi plot to replace those chosen with a “shadow” AI robot recreation of them ?. Can’t wait for lust IN SPACE

Jackie
      Participant

SKYNET HAS BEGUN.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Just had a presentation at work about AI and machine learning. About how machines are always watching us, collecting data, and will be able to create a digital replica of people.

I look forward to meeting digital (shadow) me.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Here’s a few examples of machine learning: https://aiexperiments.withgoogle.com/

Megan
      Participant

Wow, so between recent events and the fact that I spend all my time in rehearsals I totally missed the spam bot AI songs – that’s creepy as fuck.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@nothenrygale Super interesting. I work in business intelligence and am constantly being sold on implementing ai and the internet of things. It’s staggering what they can do now. How many years had it been since Watson won Jeapordy? Even without knowing it we willingly contribute to our shadow every day be it IBM, Siri, Google or Amazon (the ones we know of). We hope it will always for benign means. The creators said today someone is always watching. In game that makes sense and we accept/expect that, but do we ever think about it irl?

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I know Battlestar Galactica has been referenced here before, but it’s prequel series, Caprica, has some interesting thoughts on this topic.

The story revolves around the creation of the Cylons, which starts with a grieving father who loses his daughter in a terrorist attack, and proceeds to use everything he can get of her (photos, videos, social media, diaries, etc.) to recreate her digitally. It’s remarkable, creepy and kind of amazing. definitely worth a watch.

Megan
      Participant

Caprica was amazing and way too short-lived.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

With Noah’s rant, and the creepy phone calls today, I think it’s safe to say we’re dealing with AI robot duplicates of people.

Now there’s a phrase I never thought I’d get the chance to say, but here we are.

I should mention in my last email from Sarah, she had this nice mention…

“Is Brad a real, grown up man or a childish ROBOT who continues to flood important people’s in boxes with nonsense?” (emphasis added)

That or Sarah’s just trolling our robot theorizing.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

* Runs into room.*

OOA = Object Oriented Analysis!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_analysis_and_design

* Runs out *

* Trips. Tumbles down stairs. Breaks neck. Secret dies with me *

Anonymous
      Inactive

Otis and I talked about Steve McQueen and he is a fan of Hank Williams Sr.

I’m got him to like the Steve McQueen page on fb.

None of this is relevant but it makes me like Otis more.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh relevant info… there was an AI twitter bot they created and within 24 hours it learned to be racist, love hitler, and a multitude of other horrifying things.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@thebuz That was one of my favorite / most horrifying stories from the internet this year.

Wonder if they keep creating AI people, and I troll them enough that they become corrupted and start to pick up my characteristics with enough trolling.

Though that story does make me think the OSDM may be on to something. People ruin things. I for one welcome our new AI overlords.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I definitely perked up in curiosity when I saw Otis complaining of headaches.

And the artificial intelligence song reminds me of when they launched that Twitter bot that learned from interactions and within 24 hours was spouting white nationalist hate speech and shouting about 9/11.

The collective can work together to make something interesting and informative, or the collective can work together to destroy something.

Here is what @meghanmayhem was referring to with the AI twitter bot.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/3/24/11297050/tay-microsoft-chatbot-racist

Viewing 46 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar