4/25 Facebook Post Lust's Passion

This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Whelp new quote on the FB page and this one is an intriguing one : “Lust’s Passion will be served; it Demands, it militates, it tyrannizes.” – Marquis de Sade

So Marquis de Sade is where the terms “sadism” and sadist” were originated so we are really going to hurt, in more ways than one it seems.

Now perhaps this is a MAJOR stretch but when I first read this (after having read about Jackie’s call with Marcos) I oddly just thought of this quote as Marcos speaking about the Lust Experience as a whole. It certainly can demand (gotta keep up on those forums otherwise you’ll be lost!) and the people who show their PASSION for it the most will be served with little fun things like interaction.

My head is all over the place but this quote just really got it spinning in light of recent events.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Also looking at the rest of the quote, Lust experience certainly militates because we all follow more or less willingly to WHATEVER they throw at us. I’ve never felt like it tyrannizes but the rest of the quote I feel is completely spot on to the Lust Experience in general.

Megan
      Participant

I’ve definitely felt that at times my passions “tyrannize” me and those around me to an extent. I have frequently felt that I wish I didn’t care about things or wish I didn’t feel things. I know people say blahblah feeling things means alive blahblah yeah but NOT feeling things means I get to have a normal life, where I don’t ABSOLUTELY HAVE to do things.

Example: I just said this morning (because I have to go to an evaluation tomorrow, that was supposed to be today, that was supposed to be me being in trouble but is apparently not, because academia) that the one stupid thing I’ve done to really jeopardize my job was getting on a plane last November for my 2nd Ascension. Once the thought crawled into my brain and I saw that it was possible flight-wise, there was no possible way it wasn’t going to happen. I didn’t have the money? I borrowed it from my best friend. My husband was PISSED. I showed up to strike straight from the airport after not sleeping for 72 hours and my colleagues weren’t happy with me. I had to have this thing, and I left him to take care of *whatever* it was that we had planned for that weekend and I basically screwed my colleagues out of a functional human being at strike that Sunday. Also cost us maybe $400. That’s just one example of how Tension has affected HIS life and that’s not even scratching the surface of how every other passion of mine affects HIS life. My feelings, my anxieties, my lusts, my passions, even my design aesthetics (which is what I do in theater) rule the house. I have to actively fight against myself in order to try to give him space to breathe. I’m a nightmare.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can’t say I relate to this quote at all because I don’t consider myself lustful at all. I’m not ruled by my passions and am generally fairly neutral unless it’s ramen.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar