4/21 – Call from Sarah Sinclair

This topic has 52 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Taylor Winters
      Participant

Sarah called me a few minutes ago and showed me a human side from her. This wasn’t acting, she was being vulnerable for the first time.

“I took those pictures of you to manipulate you if I needed.”

She started with this truth. She wanted leverage over me. I’m not sure why she thought she needed leverage over me. But I told her there’s those of us that would support her without the need for tricks or blackmail. But she continued, she’s trying to protect herself against punishment. “Everyone is trying to stop me. I did this out of habit and reflex.” She’s a woman is so use to protecting herself. Shielding herself from the world.

“He’s going to get rid of me.” She started to cry. He’s growing tired of her. I asked if she was talking of Noah–but she just continued to break down. She cried and I listened. The phone cut out at one point when she mentioned wanting to have kids; I think she said she wanted to have them before Noah. She felt all alone. I was there. “I have Granik! That’s right.” She seemed to take some comfort in him.

“I’m nauseous all the time. I can’t get his stink off of me. I think I’m burned. I don’t think I have any options.” I think she was talking about Noah still at this point, but again, I’m not sure, she didn’t respond to my questions.

I tried to console her. Tell her that she’s stronger than she thinks. That I have faith in her. She seemed to respond to that. “When I talk to you, you seemed to understand me. I wanted to understand you.” We both seemed to have a similar outlook on the world. We see the world through a lens of ambition; we’re driven people. I’m not sure what happened in Sarah’s life to make her the way she is, but I could feel the pain behind her words.

She asked me what she should do. I gave her a rough plan, but she cut me off–she shouldn’t have called. And she hung up.

I really worry about Sarah. She has to be “on” all the time; protecting herself from those around her. Anyone in power can feel that way. Obviously she’s had a past with broken trust and she’s in a marriage that she seems to still care for deeply and worry about. I’d assume she has a fear of failure–and giving up on the marriage would mean failing. I definitely can empathize with her on that. She’s a scared woman trying to hold it together and succeed in a dark time.

I hope we can show her some compassion and prove to her that she doesn’t need to blackmail us to be there for her.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s pretty intense for Noon on a Friday.

Any chance she could be manipulating you further?

Kyle Bown
      Participant

That is an impressive bit of work by her there. She made you feel bad that she is planning to blackmail you. That takes a special bit of cunning to pull off.

I’d be careful of her, @taysavestheday. She strikes me as an extremely manipulative person. She is going to use your empathy to get you to do things. Then, when you’re gone further down the rabbit hole than you’re comfortable with, she’s going to use those pictures, and what she’s had you d n the meantime, to keep you in that hole, and make you dig deeper. Beware.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Damn, yeah that’s a brutal call. It’s nice to see some (apparent) honesty out of her for once. But it still doesn’t excuse her actions if what we’ve seen is true. There’s too many variables still in play here, whether this was a legit call or a staged one to manipulate @taysavestheday, whether she’s going to be honest about the things mentioned in Macy’s leak, and so on. If her call was genuine I’d feel bad for her, but would still say she has a ways to go before I’d trust her and stand by her side.

Kortney
      Participant

There’s a lot to go off of this, to be honest.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

She made a point to tell me: “I didn’t have to tell you this, did I?”

I think manipulating someone is one thing, but owning up to it, taking responsibility and having the integrity to come to a like-minded individual and letting them know you need help–that is a hard thing to do. I respect that. I have my guard up with her–with anyone trying to manipulate me–but I’m willing to hear hear her out. I’ll always approach anyone with an open mind and hear what they are willing to say before I make a decision.

And right now, I know Sarah needs some support.

Chris
      Participant

I’m willing to take this at face value if @taysavestheday believes in her. No, it doesn’t excuse what she’s done, and if everything had been going according to plan this whole time she probably would be singing a different tune and happy to tow the party line, but she is clearly under the crucible now, and the new Sarah to come out of this could potentially see the error of her ways and help us to fight back against whatever is still to come. We know she is not at the top of the food chain, and we know that her most desperate and underhanded actions were motivated by placating those that are. I would not embrace the Sarah we saw on the Periscope last night, but the Sarah who just called Taylor? Her I would try to help.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@taysavestheday

I do feel bad for her ever since that disastrous PR stunt yesterday. I feel compassion for her situation, but this is the game she choose to play… This is the game we all choose to play…

I reached out to her last night about trying to listen to the people that are trying to help her… because there are people that are all in with her despite the mishaps. Here was my email:

Your PR stunts are getting so terrible I genuinely feel feel bad for you Sarah…

I mean your bosses are probably not amused by the multiple errors in judgement. Piece of genuine advice, listen to the people trying to help you….I know it’s not really part of your system…take what you want right…dont be nice etc

OR better yet BRIBE people… it’s so obvious

of course you have to use your judgment on who to bribe and who to trust, but slander and blackmail is grade school stuff.

Of course I didn’t get a reply back…but I have been taunting the woman for weeks….

Max Z
      Participant

I hope this wasn’t further manipulation on her part. I’ve said multiple times since the 4/18 incident that I think there’s something very likable and charming about Sarah.

To be honest I think many people have been unduly harsh on her. It especially weirds me out to see how many people are suddenly all about Noah now that he’s undermining and antagonizing her. Even when Noah comes out and does some shitty shit like he did to Tom, it seems to be Sarah who gets called a bitch and Noah who gets the love cause he makes people say “underwear”.

I’m glad we’re getting a more human side to Sarah, and on the very off chance that she’s reading this, I would like to extend an invitation on behalf of at least myself (and I’m sure many others) to come forward like you did today more often. There are many of us with a sympathetic and interested ear to lend you.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

@taysavestheday
      “I didn’t have to tell you this, did I?”

To me, that just drives the point home. Like when you’re watching a movie and someone says “You believe me, don’t you?” I did until you asked me that. I hope you’re right. I hope she is finally opening up to someone and looking for the help she needs, but I just can’t believe her yet.

Candace
      Participant

I agree with @bruinbown. I felt bad for her for about two seconds before I realized that that was stupid of me. She literally, just yesterday, recruited @taysavestheday and others to spin the truth for them. I’m sorry Taylor, but you’re on the do not trust train now. She wants to play games then all of a sudden she wants people to feel bad for her? Ha! Nope. Should’ve thought of that before you fed us a ton of lies and tried to blackmail my friends.

And just to make it clear, I don’t feel bad for Noah either. They can handle their own shit. Not the kind of company I’m trying to keep.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Candace.
       Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@pandace88 @bruinbown

I agree… don’t trust her… but don’t trust Noah either.

You can feel bad for both of them without becoming their lapdogs

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

Thank you for sharing @taysavestheday, now I’ll share something with you. Last night, right after that horrendous broadcast, I thought a bit then sent an email to Sarah. It’s almost eerily in-line with the things she’s said to you today:

“Hey Sarah,

You know you really weird me out, but I’m nothing if not fair and I sense there is something seriously amiss. Something waaaaay beyond your control. I happen to have a weakness for people in need. Don’t get any nutty ideas about using this admission against me. You can’t, because I’m not stupid. Been there done that and it won’t happen again.

I’m not going to kiss your ass or be your yes-woman, but I am extremely trustworthy and resourceful. I’m also not looking for some limelight or to trick you and take you down. If there is something you need, something righteous, something not shitty and self-centered, you can come to me. I might not be your magic answer, but I will always tell you the truth as I see it and if your request is for a good cause I will try my damnedest to assist.

I’m being real right now. This might be the truest offer you get so I’d suggest you don’t blow me off or roll your eyes. I’d also appreciate a reply even if it’s just a “thank you, I’ll consider it” or a “fuck off.”

Sincerely,
      Kimberly Stewart”

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@pandace88, I saw a real person in there today. If she burns people again, I think there will be a different response from the community. But as I said, I am willing to listen.

@electrichippo
      , I really hope this isn’t an elaborate ploy for her to get you to feel bad for her. It didn’t feel like it to me today. I’m definitely a little skeptical now.

monkeymuffin333
      Participant

First of all any instance of Sarah being observed shows us a stilted, scrambling mess of a woman. Any e-mail or phone interaction seems to present us with ass kicking Sarah, frosty bitch or this human suffering Sarah. While I don’t discount that she’s capable of being vulnerAble or multifaceted, is it possible Sarah is simply a team interacting with us on all these fronts to direct the crowd one way or another?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@taysavestheday
      I can disprove Sarah’s act by using our boy DLB’s work.

It’s a tactic of telling/showing someone at the beginning that you are untrustworthy, then manipulating them and making them trust you, then destroying them. At the end of it all, they ask why? How could you? and you remind them “You knew who I was in the beginning.”

Candace
      Participant

@meghanmayhem ahh yes this!! Exactly. ((I love that movie ??)) also the story of the scorpion and the turtle:

A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry him on his back across a river. “Are you mad?” exclaimed the turtle. “You’ll sting me while I’m swimming and I’ll drown.”

“My dear turtle,” laughed the scorpion, “if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?”

“You’re right!” cried the turtle. “Hop on!” The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the turtle a mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the turtle resignedly said:

“Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there’d be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?”

“It has nothing to do with logic,” the drowning scorpion sadly replied. “It’s just my character.”

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Candace.
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Welp, guess I need to watch this movie this weekend. Doesn’t look to be on Netflix though.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Both of the Devil’s Carnival movies were removed from Netflix somewhat recently. Womp womp.

I do recommend watching both of them, though. They’re very educational.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

During Tension someone manipulated me in the same manner many suspect Sarah is now manipulating @taysavestheday. In brief and simplified terms, the person behaved in untrustworthy ways so I didn’t trust them. Then they changed their tune and appeared so very sincere. They went as far as to make a personal one-to-one connection with me. It was a clever method to gain my trust and it worked. Ultimately, it was revealed they were doing it all to gain my trust, distract me, then twist the knife in deep. I was angry for only a minute. These things don’t deserve more energy than that. It was a case of fool my once… I won’t fall for it again.

Trust is delicate business. Don’t fuck it up.

Max Z
      Participant

@meghanmayhem I’ve never seen that movie (looks pretty great!) but I love that fable for how cynical it is. Still, what do we take from it? To just cynically think that no one can change their nature? Scorpions will always be scorpions? I don’t really see people that way. Not because I’m an optimist but just because I think people are bundles of chaos and are capable of going in any and every direction, even away from their “scorpion” nature. Then again, maybe I’m just a glutton for being stung lol. Time will tell!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just what if… *puts on tinfoil hat* There ARE two Noah Sinclairs. One of them is Sarah’s husband, the “man behind The System”. The other has been created by someone (multiple people? An organization?) to try to destroy whatever it is that she is doing. When people are posting on the boards about the Sinclair’s showing up, it wouldn’t be very hard for someone to sneak into the restroom to have the interaction with @prufrock5150, especially if they looked EXACTLY LIKE SOMEONE WHO WAS ALREADY PRESENT. This could be why Noah is tripping out about his critics.

Taylor Winters
      Participant

A. Friend passed on this message:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vkcyifa0q2s3uge/sinclairoffice3GFri1736.mp3?dl=0

“I believe her too.”

They Monitor Everything.

Never Silent.

Melissa
      Participant

@pandace88 hear hear!

@maxzumstein
      certainly people can change, I believe that. It’s hard work though. The problem for Sarah is that she dug this GIANT hole for herself and her image that it will take a lot of repair and time for someone like me to trust her again. From what I can see all her methods for repair of The System image have been lying, lying, intimidation, and lying some more.

Hell I wouldn’t put it past her that she’s just being deceitful to @taysavestheday by crying out a few tears.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@taysavestheday Well then…. do we know where this recording came from?

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

It pains me deeply to hear of Sarah’s desperation. I hope if nothing else, this helps everyone understand she’s not this heartless monster some of you have made her out to be…

Melissa
      Participant

@taysavestheday the “beep” portions, is that your voice being beeped out?

Melissa
      Participant

I’m personally having trouble understanding what is being said here. Can anybody help with transcription or cleaning up the file?

Taylor Winters
      Participant

@mkarrett, the beeped out sections are my responses. The parts where I talked.

This is the exact conversation we had. It was emailed to me by A. Friend. (email: drequtr14753b@outlook.com).

thehazelverse
      Participant

Max, I haven’t read all of the comments, but yours struck me on the activity feed.

This is a thought that has been bouncing around in my head a lot.

It’s clearly the patriarchal system that many have allowed themselves to be influenced by.

Very old world

• (sexist)

Kimberly Stewart
    Participant

@julierei you are obviously Sarah’s biggest cheerleader. I have to wonder though… Just last night you described Sarah’s life as a thing to aspire to, perfect house, perfect relationship, etc. Doesn’t sound so perfect today now does it? Why would you aspire to this? Did you even know Sarah was in such (supposed) pain? Wouldn’t Sarah tell you considering you guys are so close and all? (Clue: “Faith” is not the correct answer.)

Chris
    Participant

I won’t pretend to be able to hear and understand every word, but one popped out: punishment. The idea that she’s been avoiding it every turn, that she’s only alive because she’s tougher and smarter than anyone else. Somehow this doesn’t feel like hyperbole. It’s starting to sound like Sinclair Industries (or the OSDM) isn’t a job you’re just fired from.

Melissa
    Participant

That’s what I thought because I thought I heard “do you know what it’s like Taylor” or something very close to that. Thanks for sharing the file!

GoldTongue
    Participant

I stand by @taysavestheday and for the Sinclairs.

Taylor Winters
    Participant

Thank you all for the support. I haven’t seen negativity in this thread. You’ve all be so supportive of me and someone in need. It’s heartwarming.

thehazelverse
    Participant

Julie seems like the last person Sarah would talk to. She wouldn’t want to interfere with the warped perception Julie has of them.

Lia
    Participant

@taysavestheday Jesus, even I feel bad for her. I still think she’s a snake, but her life sucks, the poor dear.

Twan Intarathuch
    Participant

I think Sarah would appreciate this:

Max Z
    Participant

@genghistwan Hahaha, god I love Rachel Bloom. I’d actually never seen this one before, thanks for the laugh!

Candace
    Participant

I can’t really understand what she’s saying in the audio file but my initial thought was that doesn’t sound like Sarah’s voice at all! She either has a very different phone voice (which some people do) or it wasn’t her.

Max Z
    Participant

@pandace88 Hmmm, I wonder if we’ll get another “don’t believe the lies and slander” style press release in the next few days from SI, re: the call and the people who have been trying to reach out to Sarah. And if we do, I wonder what we ought to believe in that case.

The thing that makes the waters so muddy is that Sarah is so clearly part of something bigger, and thus almost always has eyes on her. I sent her a sympathetic e-mail (without mentioning the Taylor call specifically just in case it goes to someone beside her), but it occurs to me that she’s much too prudent to respond in any sort of honest way with an email where there’s written evidence and to easy to trace. With a phone call she has plausible deniability.

Or maybe the emails have never been from her to begin with…people have made note of how different she seems online and in person.

I’m rooting for Sarah. I saw something sympathetic in her since before this call. If this call turns out to be fake I think it will break my heart. But then, from what source could news of its “fakeness” come that I’d even believe it?

UGH.

Andrew Kasch
    Participant

I honestly don’t know what to make of Sarah at this point. But my guard is still up.
    Thanks to my time with the OOA, I don’t know what is real and what’s a show anymore. People I put my trust in either wound up dead or dropped off the face of the Earth without a word.

While people seem to stick very hard to their allegiances right now, I tend to wander about and try and help those who reach out.

Tom Hite
    Participant

@tyson – not to be overly nitpicky, but they’d have to have switched Noahs before he arrived. I maintained visual contact with him from the point that he stopped talking and entered the door to the main food court all the way to his entering the restroom – since I entered the door a few seconds after it closed behind him, and he was halfway towards the restroom stall (which, for the record, wasn’t dirty at all – kudos to the fine maintenance staff at 4th Street Market), there was really no point at which there could have been a replacement. But otherwise, I guess it’s not impossible…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I figured as much. There goes any hope I had in trusing that bastard (noah). Thanks @prufrock5150

Nicole Mae
    Participant

Wow, she really sounds shaken up and upset in that. Not at all the Sarah we have been shown lately. Shows how little we really know about what life in the marriage and Sinclair Industries is like. I hope she continues to share so vulnerably.

Andrew K
    Participant

To me, she’s continuing her manipulation tactics. this is a ploy to get you and others on her side. I don’t believe a second of it.

Maybe she is showing a more human side to herself, which is great, but I feel like she’s only doing it to convince people to trust her. She knows certain people will respond well to it.

Brad Ruwe
    Participant

@kasch The only thing that makes me think this is real is her past attempts to try to humanize herself (the joke, the video from her “loving household”) have all come off super stiff, fake, and have failed horrendously. She’s just not been good at faking real relatable human emotion.

This is such a departure from the norm that I think she might have genuinely let her true self out for a bit.

But again, my biggest thing is action speaks louder than words. If she truly regrets manipulating people, regrets what she’s done to people (Noah, Tom, Taylor), she needs to DO something that show’s she’s actually trying to fix her mistakes.

Otherwise, it’s just words.

Sage
    Participant

So if Sarah is the “bad guy” and Noah is trying to escape her evil master plan, why did Noah try to black mail @bcbishop? He didn’t seem to be needing help that night when he met with @lilmsfancpants? It is also possible that Noah is playing up the “help me/poor me” card? Like I said before, all of this sympathy manipulation reminds me of my parents divorce and having choose between them. I don’t know who to believe??

Chris
    Participant

@nothenrygale I agree with your reasoning, but here’s what I’m wondering: what actions would she be capable of if she did want to actually do something about it? She certainly sounds overwhelmed and scared of some higher authority over the phone, but Noah is arguably more exposed than her and he’s gotten away with openly flouting the System and sabotaging multiple PR events with seemingly no serious repercussions– he’s still at it! So what is Sarah actually scared of, and if she really wants out of this situation, what’s holding her back?

Lukas L
    Participant

I still can’t seem to find a reason to not believe Sarah. She has been kind in every email I have sent to her. She has only been snotty to those who have been snotty first. And all the evidence against her is in the form of easily manipulated or fabricated emails from a so called ex employee. I need more real proof before I change my oppinion in her.

Kevin
    Participant

Late to the party on this, but pretty much in agreement with @maxzumstein’s first post in the topic. I understand why people may not particularly like Sarah, are uncomfortable with her, or don’t trust her, but the intensity of some of what’s been directed at her has never quite made sense to me. The interactions I’ve had with her via email have always been, at the very least, pleasant. Her awkwardness has been kind of endearing, she’s a serious person, but she’s at least trying. Does that erase some of what she’s done? No, but it does reveal other layers of who she is. Noah and Macy appear to be running their own complicated games as well and have given reasons to trust or not trust them too. As with Addison, and what others have said more recently, the reaction people have to these people are so varied and everyone reads something different into their situations.

She looks to be just as stuck in something as Noah is, maybe there’s a way they could work together, or whatever relationship they have is so broken that they can only butt heads trying to get out. If she does need help getting out, I’d hope people would be willing to listen at least. I do hope this isn’t an attempt to manipulate @taysavestheday though.

I couldn’t really hear the audio recording, so all I could think of was this.

Jackie
    Participant

I invited Sarah out for coffee. Will advise.

Lawrence Meyers
    Participant

@theladyj you stole my thunder. I was going to do the exact same thing. I have about two weeks before I sink below the surface for my play and want to visit with Sarah in person. I need 20 minutes with someone and 3 questions, and I know everything about them that matters.

Good luck. If she is wise, she will reply. You have a lot to offer her.

• Viewing 52 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar