4/19 Gift from Noah

This topic has 91 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Kortney.

• Author
       Lia
      Participant

Whatever happened to flowers and chocolate?

Just when I think I’m understanding the parameters we’re working with here, I get a FUCKING PACKAGE delivered to me. At work. (HOWWW?!?! Periscope? are those pins specific enough to find MY exact building from when I did the broadcast last week?)

Anyway, I work in a tiny casting office where people come and go regularly, especially on audition days like today. One of the CD’s pops his head in and says, “This is for you.” Just a plain, manila envelope. I ask if it’s from my boss. He says no and shrugs. Inside, a burner phone. fuckfuckfuckfuck.

So, I’m inspecting inside the envelope, the phone itself, trying to find any records of texts, voicemail etc. and I hear my phone ding. An email.

Now, here’s where I have to preface… I’m so sorry @prufrock5150. I’m sorry that we have to open this can of worms again. Read on.

So… here we are… Volunteering for tribute. I guess the key here is deciding on someone whose life is:

a) the most compatible with dropping everything, doing a quick change, and always being able to say ‘yes.’
      b) someone that will help me help Noah…so that Noah can help all of us.

xoxo,
      Lia-kins

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Sean. Reason: Fixed image links
       Lia
      Participant
       Sean

Fixing embedded links, gimme a second… done

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Sean. Reason: done
       Mike
      Participant

Holy crap, incredible!

Melissa
      Participant

((((jawdrop)))

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE THAT’S SO COOL!

Jackie
      Participant

wow!
      Man I wish I could help further, but my Job just isn’t flexable enough. Is anyone here independently employed? Living local to the LA area?

Lia
      Participant

@thegilded halp are there like 5,000 pics now?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d be happy to have it. My job is flexible since I work for myself.

And also #TeamNoah.

Sean

Eh? I fixed the 4 broken links but am only seeing the 4…?

scot
      Participant

That’s so amazing! I knew it had a tie to the real world. You are my advocate. I’m so happy for you right now.

Lia
      Participant

Thanks, Sean. For a moment the activity feed was both of us trying to scramble to fix, but I think I cleaned it up.

HOLY HELL!!! me, me, me, me!!!!

Brian E
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants I’ll help you if you need someone, I’m sure there’s many that will come to your aid as well. Hopefully you’ll make it to the Good Nite tonight at 8pm in North Hollywood.

Maranda
      Participant

Wow @lilmsfancpants! That’s fantastic! Time to do some reading. Whoever gets the phone I hope will have a good head on their shoulders.

As for how they found you… Are you sure you weren’t followed this morning?

Sean

Biggest concerns:

1. How the hell did they find you?
      2. Who can you trust enough to give this phone to?

Megan
      Participant

Do you have to give it to someone? Can it not be you? I’d rather it be you.
      However Buz is a good choice, I’d support that.

Sean

Man said to give it to someone else. I imagine it’s gotta be someone else.

I imagine he already has enough plans for @lilmsfancpants

Mike
      Participant

Who’s around LA that doesn’t have a typical 9-5 job? @thebuz @111error @rizzzoooooo ??

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Welp, that’s just terrifying imo. My big focus is on question one that @thegilded asked.

If Noah can figure out where you work, I wonder how easy it’d be to find out where you live as well. As for the phone…I’m sure there are tons of people who can take it off your hands.

How the hell does Sarah not know what’s going on here? Like…I wonder how easy it’d be for her to “obtain” this information out of Noah.

Mike
      Participant

I wonder how easy it’d be to find out where you live as well

If she’s going home after work, then she might be able to be tracked through the phone

Sorry for the paranoia @lilmsfancpants <3

Lia
      Participant

I already gave my address to them… le sigh…

M.
      Participant

What I want to know is if @prufrock5150 failed Noah in some way. Were calls made that went to voicemail or emails that didn’t get responded to. That seems so unlike Tom to ignore someone or fail to follow through. Or did he withhold more information that Noah wanted to get out to us? So many questions!

Max Z
      Participant

I think Buz is a great choice, being self-employed and all. But it might also be fun to award it according to the same criteria through which Mike and Russell chose Hazel for the Focus Group: Active, dedicated, and not having gotten a ton of interactions yet. Maybe Brad? He seems very active and I know he’s in the area, but I don’t know his job situation.

God this burner phone thing is a REALLY fun touch.

Max Z
      Participant

@michelle I wondered the same thing! But based on how through Tom’s “Full disclosure” account was, I’m wondering if we should take Noah with a grain of salt here. Maybe he’s not as good of a communicator as he thinks he is, what with the being in a drunken stupor all the time.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Little late but just caught up, wow! I’m totally down to volunteer @lilmsfancpants for phokne duties haha, I’m in LA and my job is super duper flexible (personal shopper, I can dip out and do whatever noah shenanigans whenever). Happy to lend a hand!

Kyle Bown
      Participant

This is badass. I’m jealous of anyone who doesn’t have a set job schedule right now, ha ha.

So badass.

Chris
      Participant

What about @nosnevets? He’s in Pasadena and was saying last night he has no day job/creates his own schedule. I also just work three days a week, but nepotism is probably a no-no and I feel like this love quadrangle is complicated enough as it is…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Chris.
       Anonymous
      Inactive

I’d nominate @meghanmayhem.

Cristen
      Participant

What about @meghanmayhem? Local, game for anything, would take Noah for several drinks. Meghan for the gig, says me. ??

Cristen
      Participant

Hay @thebuz great minds DO think alike!

Max Z
      Participant

@wanda102 @thebuz That’s a great pick! I always see her in the pictures of the meetups and on the forums but come to think of it she hasn’t really gotten her due in-person interactions yet. Consider this another vote for @meghanmayhem

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Whoa, this is crazy! Now I’m starting to wonder about something….

4 days ago I got an email… from The Tension Experience. It stated that I had a package on the way. I bought the soundtrack to Tension last year, but that was a digital download. This email now comes MONTHS later saying “Your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.”

Welp, time to play the game “Computer glitch, or surprise package”

And yes, I replied to the email asking if the email was sent in error. No response.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Also, I second the vote of @meghanmayhem. She likes to stir the pot, which is a trait I think Noah can appreciate.

Sean

@meghanmayhem ‘s got both moxxy and my vote

Lia
      Participant

Dear @meghanmayhem,

Ok gurl. Let’s do this. Welcome to #teamnoah.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I recuse myself as I don’t want there to even be a hint of professional impropriety.

I nominate @meghanmayhem She won’t take shit from nobody and will get the job done.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@nothenrygale Potentially a glitch, but I’m rooting for the alternative. @winstonsmith received a similar unexpected shipping announcement from Tension a few weeks ago, but it turned out to be a surplus sacrificial hood.

Oh, and my vote is for @meghanmayhem because I’m pretty sure she’ll kill me in my sleep if I don’t vote for her. <3

Brian E
      Participant

Honestly @lilmsfancpants, can’t disagree with @meghanmayhem being an excellent choice she helps out everyone, and she isn’t going to take any of Noah’s (or anyone elses) bullshit.

Sean

Seriously I keep trying to give her bullshit but she keeps rejecting it. I’m a little offended at this point.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@kipsie Yeah, my initial thought was a glitch. I replied to the email (which it said to do if there are any questions) 2 days ago just to follow up. Thought nothing more of it beyond just being a glitch… until now. If people are actually getting Lust deliveries, it just moved up from “likely nothing” to “potentially something”.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Oh you guys, you flatter me (no, keep going, keep going).
      As TeamTakeNoShit, I promise to do you proud…or at least keep it interesting and weird.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@meghanmayhem

Things to remember:

1) Robots = bad
      2) Humans = suspicious

Kortney
      Participant

This is incredibly exciting and I can’t wait to see how all of this plays out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Holy fuck. This is incredible. #TeamNoah

Miki M
      Participant

My vote doesn’t count, since @meghanmayhem is the only reason I’m here, as her trusty and busty sidekick.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@mikim Sure it counts. @meghanmayhem is here because of my tomfoolery, just kick back and let the nepotism wash over you…

Miki M
        Participant

@kipsie **leans back, closes eyes and lets it wash all over her**

**starts coughing and sputtering**

**rubs eyes**

Goddamn it.

**looks at hands when she can finally see again**

Meghan-related nepotism is blood, y’all.

Tom Hite
      Participant

Okay; I’m done being coy. Noah clearly doesn’t understand how trust relationships work, and insofar as “communication” is concerned, he seems to have forgotten that it involves more than one person.

I was honestly willing to give him my utter and complete confidentiality, and provide him with the ear that I think he needs at this time… but he seems so wrapped up in conspiracy theory and paranoia that he can’t recognize the truth when it’s put right in front of him.

So, here: he clearly feels that I have failed him in his desire for a lackey, or an unquestioning lap-dog, or whatever he’s looking for in this “opportunity” (maybe he wants one of them robots he’s been so keen on warning people about)… but the way I figure, sometimes you have to lose to win.

What follows are screencaps of my entire email conversation with Mr. Sinclair; at this point, all my cards are on the table, and good goddamn luck to whoever takes up his unfathomable cause…

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rule of thumb: no one is to be trusted. Especially assholes who ask for help and then shit on it like Noah.

Max Z
      Participant

@prufrock5150 Oooooh! Drag him, Tom!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Thank you for showing how this played out @prufrock5150. I’m still working out what all is at play and this def helps explain a bit of how the sudden change in plans went down.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

I love Noah.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Lmao god damn @prufrock5150
      I can’t say I really understand, I mean we obviously know some shit is up with “The System”, and one of the only two people who are trying to expose it in some capacity and somewhat help us gives you a phone and ask for help, and you respond with telling him to chill out and take a breather and to fuck off with the articles because he didn’t write them? Everyone has their _path in all this and you sure chose yours smh

Tom Hite
        Participant

@rizzzoooooo, in the words of The Kingsmen, “Manners maketh man.” and there’s only so far that rough-around-the-edges goes before it cuts you…

Melissa
      Participant

Good luck @meghanmayhem and if you’re bogged down by Noah I hope someone can be your backup.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Melissa.
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I don’t know about you guys, but this last link scares me the most.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11158-017-9352-7

Knowing people can be manipulated is nothing new, hell it’s basically my job to do that on a daily basis (convince people they want to watch a certain tv show or movie). We are INCREDIBLY easy to manipulate, which is why I always advocate for skepticism.

But machines being able to essentially read our thoughts? The idea that our “brain privacy” may be at stake? That’s outright terrifying stuff.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

Wow shit went down…

Congrats @meghanmayhem

#WatchThemBurnThemselves

Jackie
      Participant

@meghanmayhem
      INVITE HIM TO TRIVIA WHENEVER THE NEXT ONE IS.
      #TeamSmearCampaignRisesAgain

Melissa
      Participant

@theladyj every third Monday of the month, May trivia Meetup is May 15th 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Melissa.
       Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Thanks for the confidence, dudes.

and @theladyj, I’m fairly certain that trivia host is not going to be pleased next time he sees me, since I went around him and got his ass in trouble for disagreeing with me.

Mike
      Participant

What ever you get in the package that you have to put on, please make sure to take pictures.

Never blind.

Candace
      Participant

Oh wow I didn’t think anything this big would be happening today but congrats @meghanmayhem!!! You would’ve had my vote if I’d have gotten here in time. I’m excited for you! I wonder what you’ll be getting in the mail ?

@prufrock5150
      I’m sad that you didn’t get to fulfill this opportunity. I hope you’re not super bummed 🙁

Fak I have so many links to go through after work tonight! ?

KINGKILL33
      Participant

Just catching up with all the news from last night and today. @lilmsfancpants picking @meghanmayhem is an excellent choice. She definitely won’t put up with bullshit and hold her own, at the same time be open to what the message is and share with the rest of the community.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant
       Candace
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants that is fucking awesome that u got a package in the mail! ? “Noah-kins” ???

Maranda
      Participant

Yay @meghanmayhem! Better keep an eye on that mailbox 😉

Jackie
      Participant

@mkarrett @meghanmayhem

Who knows how long this phone motif may last. Imagine the chaos. Rage against the trivia boss, win again.

GoldTongue
      Participant

Just catching up. This is incredible!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pretty amazing information here. Would have volunteered if I saw this earlier! I can answer phones and emails 24/7.

Sage
      Participant

@prufrock5150, you have balls and are not a follower! I respect that. @meghanmayhem, thanks for stepping up. Never Silent! 🙂

LaSalle
      Participant

@meghanmayhem congratulations! I can’t wait to see what you do to him!

111error
      Participant

Wow.. that was a brutal act of self-sabotage. I really don’t know why you did that!? o_____O

@meghanmayhem
      Congratulations on whatever this means, and on your inevitable drifting into malevolence and evil. Well, further drifting.

Nicole Mae
      Participant

Wow, the shit you miss when you’re off the forum all day.

Lia
      Participant

@maenicole you can get emails when a new chain is started. That’s how I keep in the loop!

Max Z
        Participant

@lilmsfancpants Wait really? How? I rely on habitually checking an RSS reader, and it’s not an overly reliable method. That method sounds perfect, how do I do that?

Lukas L
      Participant

I understand this may be an un popular decision, and I think Noah made a nice recovery, but I understand why @prufrock5150 made the decision he did. Sarah clearly said that he was diabetic and the low blood sugar could make him spout out conspiracy theories. She pleaded that we not believe them and to let her know if he was acting hypo. We do have sides to pick from and I think anyone who was #teamSarah would have done it in a simular way. Personally if I would have been in this situation I would have asked him to down a box of orange tic tacs and repeat his thoughts to me in 15 min. The tic tacs should have enough sugar in them to ease him out of the hypo state. Then if he was still the same we could put the whole diabetes thing to rest. And then share. If he refused I would have seeked Sarah’s council on what to do.

So I think @prufrock5150 played it out how he felt. I wouldn’t say he messed up unless he was #teamNoah which it dosent sound like he is.

thehazelverse
      Participant

This is all very fascinating. catsss

I would ALSO like to learn your witchcraft, Lia. Not being able to keep up with these forums is messing with my vibe.

i totally know what I'm doing

Neil
      Participant

@hazelverse – I second that! I was so up to date on everything Tension Experience constantly but this has so many layers and I am getting so lost. I literally was busy for 8 hours and I missed SO MUCH! How is that possible???

thehazelverse
      Participant

I have no clue. It’s like they do data dumps.

EDIT: By the way- I work from home, for myself (and others, but you know what I mean), and I still “can’t keep up,” with lust.

I have to wonder what some of the other posters do all day… I thought I was puttin in work. Now I’m overwhelmed.

It almost seems like that’s the point though? Idfk.

Anonymous
      Inactive
       Chris
      Participant

@maxzumstein, @hazelverse, @nking, and anyone else who’d like to know, subscribing to forum posts is something you can activate either on mobile or desktop. Go to the Forums main page, the one that lists all the sections (Conjecture, Just Friends, etc). Now click on each of those, for example, Conjecture. At the top right, just over the Conjecture forum section search bar, should be a little clickable “subscribe” and when you click it, it should immediately turn to “unsubscribe.” Since the site already has your email address, it’s that simple. You will now receive email notifications containing the full text of every first post of a new thread for Conjecture. To get notified about everything, you have to go to New Friends, Speculation, etc. and click their subscribe buttons as well. These emails only come when a new thread is formed, not for every new post, so it doesn’t clog your inbox too much. You CAN subscribe to individual threads in order to get notified of every reply if there are any you particularly want to follow. All you have to do is follow the same steps but this time open up a specific topic thread. Hope that helps!

thehazelverse
      Participant

THANKS!
      THANKS kind souls.

GoldTongue
      Participant

Haha, no kidding! And it’s only APRIL!

Max Z
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub Thank you Chris!

Candace
      Participant

@hazelverse @nking I don’t work a lot so I have a ton of free time :/ (even when I’m at work, like I am right now, there’s a ton of down time so I’m always on my phone). But yeah I often wonder what everyone else does too lol its so hard for me to stay up to date on everything and I don’t do shit! I can’t imagine anyone with a grown up job keeping up with this. That’s why some of my friends won’t sign up for the ARG portion but want to do the ticketed event when it comes.

Sean

I’m lucky enough to have a job where every five minutes or so I have about two minutes of just waiting around so it’s real easy for me to keep up to date during normal business hours. It’s arguably the biggest reason why I can keep the recap series relatively up to date

M.
      Participant

@macbethinabathtub while subscribing would be nice at times. I can’t imagine the pile of emails I’d have clogging up my mail box. Lol

@pandace88
      @hazelverse @nking…I have a flexible job (if you want to call it a job) and I can’t keep up with everything either. I think one of the issues is that there isn’t a central narrative yet. We have no idea what the endgame is. It was easier to invest all my time in Tension because, come on, the idea of a cult trying to recruit me is pretty awesome. I’m having a hard time following everything because I’m just not into the science side of things. It doesn’t appeal to me.

But, I went to Coachella over the weekend and rarely checked in. By Tuesday I was completely lost. lol I was so confused when I finally came back to the forums. I’m still catching up and bugging people with questions.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by M..
       Kyle Bown
      Participant

I’m still thinking a Wiki with facts/events/characters/timelines/etc. would be helpful.

Sean

I’m a big supporter of anything that gets people caught up. If a wiki will help, I’d absolutely support you making one

Kevin Hsu
      Participant

The burner phone delivered to @lilmsfancpants at her work was pretty cool, but I’m confused/suspicious about Noah’s methods and possible implications.

Why use a burner phone? @meghanmayhem doesn’t need to hide her identity or call history. Noah called @meghanmayhem using a private number, if he is using his normal phone then he is not hiding his call history.

puts on tin foil hat
      Maybe Noah sent a burner phone because he knows that our phones are being monitored…
      Maybe it’s not really Noah calling…
      takes off tin foil hat

Maybe diabetes really messes with the brain…
      Someone should get Noah a burner phone.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@lazysmartperson One would assume that a call in his history to an unknown phone number (burner phone) looks less suspicious than a call in his history to my cellphone number which she has.

Kortney
      Participant

@meghanmayhem how goes it with the phone?

Viewing 88 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar