3/16 Unknown Number

This topic has 56 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Antigonos.

• Author
       Maxwell R
      Participant

This morning I received a call from an unknown woman. She informed me that she saw me last night at the book release but she couldn’t get to me in the chaos. She sent me an email with this picture and the subject line “H Aolvyf vm Zwljbshy Zbymhjl Nlvtlayf”

Attached to the email was a picture I will attempt to post here as well.

She called back to confirm I received the message and told me “Never Silent.”

*having issues posting picture*

Maxwell R
      Participant

Mysterious picture

This is in the book but this version is all wonky

Mike
      Participant

Looks like a Caeser Cipher that comes out to

“A Theory of Specular Surface Geometry”

IT’S STARTING!!!!

Mike
      Participant

Your email subject I mean. Sorry, I got too excited and just posted haha

Megan
      Participant

@moustachemax – how are you trying to post the picture?

Melissa
      Participant

@moustachemax: all else fails just upload to imgur and just post with the link? Just a thought.

Cristen
      Participant

Oh this is so neat. Can’t see the photo on this end but I’m very intrigued. Which i suppose is the intention.

Megan
      Participant

I am really curious about that picture now – can’t wait to see it.

The phrase “A Theory of Specular Surface Geometry” on google very clearly points to this one scholarly paper written in 1995. One of its two authors, Shree K. Nayar, is still on faculty at Columbia: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~nayar/

He also apparently has a TED talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rQBH1TH9pA
      Which probably has nothing to do with anything but his camera is pretty neat anyway.

Melissa
      Participant

Mysterious picture

@moustachemax

…this?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Melissa. Reason: trying to code this right
       Maxwell R
      Participant

@mkarrett yes! Sorry y’all, I’m still trying to figure out the forum.

Mike
      Participant

This was one of the first pictures Tension ever put up

And it’s of the doctor that gave the consultations. I knew he looked familiar! It’s been a year since we’ve met him, so I wonder what happened to him to have this demeanor. Maybe he was OSDM the whole time. Maybe he went through Noah’s course over the last year. Who knows. It’s all connected and it’s blowing my mind right now

Lia
      Participant

A man just called me. His voice was very deliberate and calm, nothing like the frazzled angry voice on Noah’s voicemail, so I really have no clue who it was. I did my best to remember what he said but, full disclosure, the call woke me up, so my brain wasn’t able to catch everything.

Man: “Do you know who this is?”
      Lia: “I think I do, actually. Is this Noah?”
      Man: (chuckles to himself) “No, this is not Noah. Listen very carefully.”
      The first step is REFLECTION, which is the most pure.
      The Second step is IMITATION, which is _______ *Sorry, I can’t remember what he said here!*
      The Final step is EXPERIENCE, which is the most painful.”

I waited to see if he had any more to say, not sure how to respond. Even though he wasn’t Noah (And to be honest, he kind of sounded like Darren?) I figured he wouldn’t be open to me asking for any clarification. Then, abruptly:

Man: “Never silent.” (phone clicks)

Not sure if that was a critique, meaning I took too long to respond, or if it’s a command, telling me this is my time to share this information. Maybe a little of both.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Lia.
         M.
        Participant

@lilmsfancpants Could the imitation part be related to easiest? I was googling those three together and found this:

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: first by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” Confucius

Sean

For future reference, make sure that the link that you’re copying ends in “.jpg” or “.gif” or else it’ll break the link like it did. You have to right click the image itself and copy the link address instead of the imgur link.

Now that I got that out of the way, this is fascinating. Looks like an inverted image of one we’ve seen before (original below). Inverted one has a more noticeable OOA logo but I was rather under the impression that we were going to be seeing a lot less of the OOA in Lust. Unless the logo is more of a symbol of Anoch that the OSDM uses as well, so is something we’ll be seeing more of going forward?

original

Mike
      Participant

The “Never Silent” makes me think about @bcbishop ‘s theory of another group. Is this a rogue group wanting to expose OSDM? Is this their version of “Glory Be”?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants I think you just spoke to the same person that called me in Austin. I was too frazzled at the time to actually confirm whether he was Noah or not, but the first half of your interaction sounds almost exactly the same.

Did he just give you the the three stages of this show? Similar to Indoctrination/Ascension/etc?

Addison
      Participant

@electrichippo, @rizzzoooooo, and I had a pretty interesting conversation with “Sentinel” last night, I’m not sure if it was IG or OOG now.. He made it a point to tell us that he was not there for The End – the “Sentinel” we saw was someone else. Not sure how much actually matters because everyone else there last night was dead at The End, but maybe that means something?

Michelle told a handful of BOSers before The End that while the “BOS” was actually OSDM, we were the ones that made it real. Then again, it was Michelle so we were probably being played (again). But if this is a new splinter, then B.O.S. 2.0 here we go!!

Melissa
      Participant

No need to apologize, I felt weird kinda taking over but ya even as Sentry I had trouble figuring out embedding stuff. From imgur make sure you get the direct link. From what I can see in the code from your original post you were using the “image link” which is what I did all the damn time.

Once you get the direct link just add that url into the “img” box…

Example

And it should embed.

Lia
      Participant

@mike I could get on board with that as a new catchphrase! Working under that assumption that this was someone who might serve as opposition to Noah, it’s interesting that they contacted me. I was accepted to move forward with The System. You think this kind of call would have been aimed towards someone who was outright rejected by Noah and Sarah in that case. Right?

Sean

@lilmsfancpants – It may be premature to say that this person isn’t affiliated with Noah. You were accepted, but you don’t know what Noah’s system actually is. Maybe this is one of his affiliates laying out the roadmap.

Mike
      Participant

Oh @lilmsfancpants that’s super interesting. Maybe they know you got accepted and have a mission for you to be a mole and gather intel for them about Noah’s inner workings??

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

Lia
      Participant

@bcbishop Definitely possible. Or this philosophies could be part of something else entirely. I just hope I remembered them right!

Megan
      Participant

@michelle – or, just because of the “P” words, some synonym of “easiest” that begins with “p?”

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

One thing I don’t know if we’ve discussed: the Noah Sinclair site was posted here as spam. If we take that at face value, the Noah Sinclair site becomes the opposing force, outside of The Creator’s control, and trying to grab people that are here for LUST and draw them into… something else.

I was also accepted into The System. Coincidence? @moustachemax which System email did you get?

Lia
      Participant

@michelle HA! That’s it exactly!! Thanks, Confucius!

Winston Smith
      Participant

That’s a Caesar Cipher! “H Aolvyf vm Zwljbshy Zbymhjl Nlvtlayf” translates to “A Theory of Specular Surface Geometry”

Use this online decoder with a “Key” of 19 to decode it.

http://www.xarg.org/tools/caesar-cipher/

M.
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants Hahaha! This totally made my day! I’m always late to figuring things out! I’m glad I could help.

Cristen
      Participant

@coryphella Only synonym for easy I can think of with a “p” would be “painless.” I suppose that would fit, though!

Megan
      Participant

@wanda102 yeah but sadly unpoetic, considering the next one is painFUL. 😉 I think she agreed it was easiest.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Holy crap! That’s crazy! I had been wondering if any of Noah’s people (or others involved in Lust) would be there. I asked “mysterious suit guy” if he knew anyone named Noah Sinclair. He just glared at me and didn’t respond. No calls, but put my cell phone on silent juuuuuuust in case.

Blondie
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants @michelle @coryphella Put my synonym hat on – how about permissive?

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Is there any correlation between those getting calls and the response they received from the Sinclairs?

Lia
      Participant

@blondie @coryphella Yeah, I’m pretty sure @michelle hit the nail on the head. No need to stress about P words. Like I said, I had JUST woken up. I glad I even remembered the steps at least! Yay, working together!

Megan
        Participant

@blondie – I like that…ooh, or passive? Sorry just thinking of p words for fun now.

Lia
      Participant

@julierei Well, I was a yes from Noah. @moustachemax ? @bcbishop ?

Bryan Bishop
      Participant
       Mike
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants @bcbishop – you guys might be the Rogue One(s)

Maxwell R
      Participant

I got a No from Noah Sinclair. I’m just finding more stuff in the email. I’m out right now but I will get it all out when I get a chance. More to be decipher!

Chris
      Participant

@bcbishop that’s a fantastic point about the spam that speaks to something that was bothering me about last night. We know that the OSDM is the one putting on The Lust Experience from the early photos on Facebook etc. We can then assume that they set up this forum for us. But so far, have we actually interacted with anyone who represents this side? We have Michelle, we have Noah and Sarah, we have the bald man identified as the doctor from the early days of Tension. All people who represent the rebellion, the opposition to the establishment based on their words and actions both in person and on this forum. Is this behavior a front? Are some of them actually with OSDM? Is Michelle behind the Lust Experience, or is she trying to expose it? Are Michelle and the bald doctor, who didn’t actually directly interact last night, working together? And if so, who is OSDM? When are we going to see who all these people are actually fighting against?

Lukas L
      Participant

“Never Silent” – I like that. I do hope it would be something like if you hesitated to long they say “Never Silent” and communications end.

Its like, snap snap snap keep the information rolling. Live in the moment and dont waste a second. But then again from a data collection standpoint. If you are forced to keep a quick dialogue it makes it much harder to lie. Hence the data they are mining is more accurate.

Even though they are not asking a question its almost like the Rapid Fire interrogation technique.

When people lie, they generally need more time to think about their answers and check that these are consistent with past responses. Rapid fire questions give them little time for this and they are thus more likely to let things slip or give inconsistent replies.

When a person is prevented from completing an answer, their need for completion is affected, thus increasing their stress levels.

Under high levels of stress, people are likely to turn to satisficing, where their focus changed from giving the best answer to reducing the stress. Rapid fire questions increase stress through cognitive loading and emotional pressure.

But instead of moving on to the next question, they know we want to talk to them. The punishment isnt a barrage of questions, instead if you don’t respond they hang up.

I could be totally off but I do think if the above is true its a pretty awesome idea.

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Wow I’m just barely catching up but.. Holy shit it’s heating up fast!

Sean

@rizzzoooooo – I bet that’s what Darren said.

You know, before the OSDM burned him alive.

Anonymous
        Inactive

@thegilded

And now I know how Darren B. felt
        Now I know how Darren B. felt
        As the flames rose to his beglassed nose
        And his hair gel started to melt

(I blame you for putting ‘Bigmouth Strikes Again’ firmly into my head.)

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Oh.

Candace
      Participant

@kipsie I just sang your post instead of reading it lol

Blondie
      Participant

@pandace88 Glad I’m not the only one who did that ?❤ Bravo @kipsie!

Maranda
      Participant

re: @bcbishop and @stendahl bringing up that Noah’s site was actually brought to our attention via spam: I had the same thoughts, and with Darren’s uneasiness over the two calls Bryan received I’m starting to think that the Lust Experience we think we’re getting isn’t the Lust Experience that we were intended to get. However, how were we led to Noah in the first place? Spam on the forums, but that spam was telegraphed with a message to @kipsie in the source code. Whoever Noah is and whatever group he’s with, they’ve got someone on the inside, on Darren’s side, and that’s worrying.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@izryn That’s a really, really good point. And who told kipsie about the source code drop?

@thecontroller

I wonder if they’ll chime in on this discussion at any point, but for now, we must be cautious.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Lust Experience hijacked. Now that’s trippy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sooo much happening! This is thrilling. @lilmsfancpants I think you brought up something really interesting that the man calling you sounded like Darren himself. What if now Darren is more a part of the narrative? He got slapped by Michelle correct? Granted from what I’ve heard/read about her that doesn’t seem too out of the ordinary for her but perhaps this is significant? Almost like a challenge to a duel? And now he wants to make sure we are “Never Silent”?

Maranda
      Participant

@clairebuch I think Darren (and by extension, Clint and perhaps Gordon) have been a part of the narrative ever since it was revealed that they were The Creators. Some folks reported seeing them talk to the OSDM members showing their time in Ascension, and there was also a Tension periscope that suggested that an interview they gave was actually scripted. How things develop from here, though, we don’t know.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@izryn A very good point! I’m still very new to most of this sooo I’m still kinda fuzzy on the full back story. ?

Maranda
      Participant

@clairebuch No worries! You’ll pick it up as we go, or you could ask any of the Tension alum about whatever you want more details on. I also missed a lot of the action early on, so I’m in a similar boat.

Antigonos
      Participant

Just a suggestion…if you don’t have one, there’s a handy little app for most smartphones called Call Recorder…totally free and does exactly what it says. This way you don’t have to worry about trying to remember the entire conversation later. Just a thought!

Sean

@jrjeff1990 – Be careful with those. California is a two party consent state, so it’s technically illegal for someone to record calls without getting permission from both sides.

I have a whole lot of doubt that anyone’s gonna get sued or prosecuted in anything related to Lust, but unfortunately can’t use it without any restrictions

Antigonos
        Participant

Ooh…good point. I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in Indiana =D

Viewing 51 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar