12/8 Calls from various, related to Stephanie

This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 4 months ago by Lauren Bello.

• Author
       Hannah Schenck
      Participant

It’s 8:30am and I’m guiding the maintenance man towards everything that needs to be fixed. I walk back into my room thinking “Ahhhh I can finally lay back down and sleep” until I notice that I had two missed calls from Stephanie. The past few days she had voiced to me that she was bummed about something and that we should try and find some time to chat since I have been so busy with work. I called her back and heard the good old tapping on the line. Something or someone was monitoring the call and we were not alone. She was frantic, on the verge of crying, telling me that she showed up to work and they had been working “off site”. She said she doesn’t know what to do anymore and that they are going to take her phone away. She wants out and doesn’t want any part of this anymore. The call dropped.

I reached out after asking if I could meet her and if she was okay. The text was read but no reply. Perhaps her phone has already been taken? How will I know if she is really the person that will be communicating with me from here on out? I’ll report back if I hear anything further from her or whoever has her phone at this point.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Sean. Reason: Changed title for better grouping
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Just had my own phone call. Restricted number. Didn’t recognize the voice.

“Hey Brad? Do you know who this is?”

“Don’t think I do”

“Really, after all this time? With the past year or two? Let me give you a hint, starts with an S.”

“Oh! Stephanie?”

*CLICK*

So…. Stephanie? Sabrina? Hell could it be Stacey? Stephanie I talk with a bit online, but we don’t ever really talk much in person. It might be Sabrina but again, don’t really know her outside of Tension.

TIL I suck at voices on phones.

Kristin
        Participant

haha i guessed wrong twice also ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        no caller id calls give me a lot of anxiety lol

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Sabrina really seems to enjoy saying “Do you know who this is?” when calling people.
      I’d put my money on her.

What an informative, useful, and invigorating discussion this call was!

Sean

I got a call as well, and Brad’s experience does clarify some things about the beginning part. When I got the call, I was in a work meeting so had to step out. To stop it from ringing I (like I always do) answer it and then tell the person I’m walking out of the office and to pleas give me a moment. OSDM staff are normally courteous and understand. Noah… never really did. When I’ve spoken to Sabrina before, I thought that she would be in the former group. However, during this call she spoke with irritation, anger and in fact decisiveness that I’m not accustomed to.

She seemed offended. “Wow. I don’t like being told to wait but…” It didn’t take me long to make it out of the office. I figure if I kept her waiting longer than that she’d hang up on me – a fear I’m not used to having with our Lady In Red.

“Do you know who this is?” she asked me. I’m in a parking lot with traffic near by. I know it’s a woman but going by voice alone it could have been anyone from Sabrina to my own mother. “I have an idea, but I could use a hint” I told her. Not a lie, I figured it was OSDM related but anything beyond that was anyone’s guess. She was further irritated “I’ve known you for two years now, come on.” One year coulda been anyone, two years is Sabrina.

“Hey! You’ve gone by so many names now that I’m not sure what to call you.” I wanted to reference the time that I ran into her at Cloak after Tension, when I told her I didn’t know whether to call her Addison or Sabrina. She continued on, angry and irritated. “Listen to me. I’m getting SICK and TIRED of people chasing these red herrings. ‘Dirty blonde falls in with the wrong people and bad things happen to her’… come on aren’t you tired of that same old story?” I admit. I was lost here. I asked what she meant. “Listen to her yourself.” The phone rustled and I heard a different voice. “Hey. This is Stephanie. Everything is okay. I’m okay.” She sounded tired. Tired perhaps of people seeking her, or perhaps tired due to… other reasons.

Before I could ask anything, Sabrina took the phone back. She was not interested in answering questions, and didn’t give me much of a chance to ask them before she reiterated her anger and hung up the phone.

Meghan Mayhem
        Participant

Ah, I see Sabrina is still her charming self.
        Many of the others have proved themselves to be layered and Sabrina just keeps driving home the “fooled girl gone bad” schtick.
        So Sabrina is still working with the OSDM and is one of the pairs of eyes on Steph. Cute. Lovely.

Still the cheese standing alone demanding the spotlight on the charcuterie plate, I see.

We DO recall what happens to cheese plates around these here parts, don’t we?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Sounds like Sabrina was brought in as muscle, and forced Stephanie to recant earlier testimony.

And Sabrina telling us that EVERYTHING HAS BEEN A LIE — BOY WHO CRIED WOLF — and this is no different.

Except it is. The wolf is real.

Maybe.

Kevin
      Participant

She continued on, angry and irritated. “Listen to me. I’m getting SICK and TIRED of people chasing these red herrings. ‘Dirty blonde falls in with the wrong people and bad things happen to her’… come on aren’t you tired of that same old story?” I admit. I was lost here. I asked what she meant. “Listen to her yourself.” The phone rustled and I heard a different voice. “Hey. This is Stephanie. Everything is okay. I’m okay.” She sounded tired. Tired perhaps of people seeking her, or perhaps tired due to… other reasons.

This does seem sort of like a hostage type situation, but it’s, at least in part, a pretty direct refutation of the idea that they’re doing the same thing they did last year. If Sabrina and the OSDM are trying to push that, they could be lying, but maybe they just want us thinking in another direction or trying to make it clear Stephanie really doesn’t need saving.

If it’s all about data, getting similar readings as Ascension doesn’t do them a ton of good. Yes, it may prove that the data is accurate, but I would venture there’s other different, more valuable info to get.

If it isn’t about data at all and that was all a front for something, we may be in even deeper uncharted territory than we realize.

Cristen
      Participant

“Hey. This is Stephanie. Everything is okay. I’m okay.”

Oh ok, nothing to see here, then. Except how whenever she calls someone herself she’s kinda…not fine.

Maybe we’re being tricked, sure, but I can’t shake this worry that comes when you don’t even know how to help someone you love…or even if you should.

Megan
      Participant

Um, this can go under “12/8 calls from various” though it’s not related to Stephanie. I don’t want to start a new thread.

Mason called.
      At first he said “it’s been awhile,” and when I said I hadn’t expected to hear from him, he said “just because I haven’t called doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten about us.”
      I said that I had figured he was done with me. He said “no, I’m not done with you.”
      At this point, my phone shut off and quickly restarted. Because the world hates me. But it didn’t hang up which was good. He was still there.
      I asked why he was calling now – I forgot he doesn’t answer my questions. He just laughed, and said “I’ll see you soon, Megan.” And then he hung up.

FWIW, if you have an iPhone, you should probably do this, it’s a known bug:
      https://www.bustle.com/p/what-to-do-if-your-iphone-keeps-shutting-off-repeatedly-7431278

Because in the middle of a phone call is a shitty time for it to decide to shut down and restart.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Megan.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@coryphella That doesn’t sound concerning at all.

All of these calls seem to be ratcheting up the tension. Priming us for what’s to come at the MSE. But Mason checking in with you at this point makes me wonder if you’re part of something very, very special he has planned.

The Mason I spoke to was basically a ghost; somebody that was pretending to have murdered Joyce. You, though… you got the real person. Probably before any of the rest of us realized he wasn’t who he said he was.

Did he call himself “Mason”, out of curiosity?

Megan
        Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Megan.
         Robert Fuller
        Participant

But Mason checking in with you at this point makes me wonder if you’re part of something very, very special he has planned.

Oh, I think there’s very little doubt about that. But, again, this brings up the whole OSDM/System dichotomy. The System supposedly opposes the OSDM and yet evidently is heavily involved in their event. Makes me wonder. Did the OSDM include them in the MSE, and then create a secret, “off-site” event so they have a separate control group, undiluted by Noah and his meddling with the masks and so forth?

Bryan Bishop
        Participant

@remrelganaps I’m personally not quite ready to believe that the System vs. OSDM narrative is as straightforward as we’ve been told – but I do find the idea of a “control group” event intriguing.

Ever since the blackmail attempt, The Experience has been rather adept at creating simultaneous events. And it would certainly echo the truth hiding in the lies concept…

@coryphella
        What’s also interesting about your call is that it didn’t necessarily set up anything larger for the community, the way the Stephanie calls have introduced the two events idea. It happened just for you. Which, now that I think about it, was also the case for the weird call I got from maybe-Remy.

So if it makes you feel any better, I just freaked myself out as well.

Megan
        Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Megan.
       Robert Fuller
      Participant

I’m personally not quite ready to believe that the System vs. OSDM narrative is as straightforward as we’ve been told.

No, neither am I. I don’t really believe anything, which is both exciting and scary, because it leaves me with nothing to expect and no way to know when it’s time to start believing.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@bcbishop Perhaps each of us have been assigned someone very special. Maybe someone we haven’t even met yet. Maybe someone we have. Maybe…people on these very boards.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@larry We shall know soon enough. T-minus 5 days and counting…

Yay?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Is it five days? Or is it…now?

Lauren Bello

Porting over from Slack:

Last night, “Stef” called to move my Anointment time to earlier in the day. She then called a second time and began to repeat the exact same information. When I told her that we had just spoken, she seemed confused.

She was speaking in a chipper, almost childlike voice, and referred to OSDM as “ODSM”.

@meghanmayhem
      was reminded that something similar happened to her:

“So full story, Steph initially asked me to call her on wed so I did and that’s where the casual call followed by off site event info happened. Then she called back a couple minutes later and had the entire phone call again word for word almost as if it was a recording. The casual portion and the off site info portion, word for word, but she wasn’t reacting to me trying to respond. Just continued speaking through it as if i was just speaking to a recording.”

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar