10/15 Short Call from Morgan

This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by Lawrence Meyers.

• Author
       Cristen
      Participant

Hey all,

I’ve just laid my head on the pillow and a No Caller comes up. Caller asks if I know who this is. Yep. Hi Morgan.

Conversation goes mostly like this:

He says “this I awkward but I need you to answer me: how much do you know?

Only what I’ve been told, I say.

“I’m going to have to hang up if you can’t answer me cleanly and honestly; how much do you know?”

I’m sorry but don’t understand the question, Morgan.

“Cristen, how much do you understand? How much do you fucking know?

About what?

*click*

Sleep tight, everyone. I don’t know if I will.

Maranda
      Participant

It’s interesting that Morgan won’t talk. Perhaps he suspects you of something and is fishing to see if you’ve been privy to anything new. Why call -you- though? What’s the connection between you and Morgan that other folks don’t have?

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

That’s a hard question to answer honestly.
      Some of us know more than others about certain matters, but we realistically all know a lot less than we think we do.

Chelsea
        Participant

Uhhhh… I think we all know the same information. We may create different theories based on that information that we may or may not choose to share, but I think it’s pretty clear that we are supposed to share what information we have. The “Never Silent” rulings seem to encourage us all having all of the information. Since we aren’t sitting on one of those, I think we are all on equal footing. So, why does Morgan think that Cristen has info that no one else has?

Cristen
        Participant

@chelsea

So, why does Morgan think that Cristen has info that no one else has?

I can assure you I don’t know anything beyond what we all share. Maybe that’s the point? He asked me something I couldn’t understand and then hung up because my answer was unsatisfactory. It stung. The idea of @111error needing something from me that I am unable to provide…it stings. It will make me double down to be there properly if he needs me again.

But as for what I know, and what I understand? Beyond the fact that Morgan’s my friend and I’m scared for him? I don’t know or understand anything at all.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

So cryptic. Definitely ready to put all my trust in BOS now.

Lauren Bello

I just got a call from Morgan as well.

We started out talking about Horror Rewind, which we’d just been to see. Ordinary chat, but he’d called from a No Caller ID number, so I was on edge.

Then he segued to The Victim Experience. (Most of us know he’d gone through this weekend.) He said he felt that, after going through that, there wasn’t much for him to fear. He’d experienced every psychological trick, he’d experienced so much physically, that…there’s nothing more anyone could do to him.

Then he said he’d met with Darren tonight.

And now, Morgan was just so done. He was done with this in-game, out-of-game horseshit. He was so fucking done, he didn’t know who he could trust, so… “I think I have to do what I think is best now.”

OK…

“Tell me honestly,” he said. “If shit started to go really haywire, and I(?) didn’t know what was in-game or out-of-game, could I trust you?”

“You know you can.”

“I fucking hope you mean that.”

And he hung up.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Lauren Bello. Reason: clarified a pronoun
       Sean

Morgan called me as well. Wanted to know where my loyalties are. I gave him a non committal answer, and he wanted something better.

Something happened with him tonight. He’s poised to make a move, I think.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Jesus, what a mess to come back to when I get out of work. I’m nervous for Morgan.

Kevin
      Participant

Keep coming back to that phrase from so long ago now that keeps coming back: “When they stop believing in you, you’ll know it’s begun.” (Paraphrased slightly because it’s late).

I hope Morgan knows who he can keep believing in.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

We get such filtered information from him because he tries to contain the danger for our benefit. Some doubt him because he gives only what he is able…but sounds like it’s starting to get really fucked up and tough for him.
      I think there’s so much going on that we don’t know…and everything is coming down on him right now in a big way.

I don’t care if fire reigns down on us, I’d still run through the trenches with you @111error

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Someone once said that pioneers get arrows in their backs.

@111error
      nobly and with good intent took on the role of pioneer. As much as I criticized him for being in over his head, I have always admired his dedication.

Perhaps he is tired of removing the arrows from his back.

As for who he can trust, it has never changed: The One.

“For the body is not one member, but many. He tells us, “The eye cannot say unto the hand, ‘I have no need of thee.’
      Nor again, the head to the feet,
      ‘I have no need of thee.’ They much more those members of the body
      Which seem to be more feeble. And those members of the body which we think
      of as less honorable, all are necessary.”

He says that there should be no schism in the body,
      but that the members should have the same care, one to another.
      and whether one member suffer,
      all the members suffer with it.”

Welcome back, Friend.

Blondie
      Participant

My only thought about why Morgan would ask @wanda102 what she knows is that she was once Team Joyce. If he’s questioning everything, then he could easily have gone down the path that she could be coming to BOS with ulterior motives as a double agent (I don’t believe that btw Cristen, you know I love you bb, and I’m sorry for even saying it…)

It’s clear why he would ask @thegilded – we know Sean is a company man, but he is also a friend who used to be with us in BOS… And Morgan is seeking reassurance from @daela, probably his closest friend, at a time when he is feeling lost.

It’s horrible to think of him going through all of this, questioning who he can trust… But @111error, despite everything we’ve gone through, I hope you know I have your back 100% and I’ll always be ready to fight by your side, whether it be emotionally, or, if circumstances allow in the near future, physically.

My commitment to our cause is as permanent as our shared tattoo…

Cristen
      Participant

Catching up on all this.

@izryn
      Morgan is a dear friend to me; myself and certainly Daela know him better than many people who haven’t spent a good deal of time with him. Same would go for Sean; a mutual respect and friendship.

@blondie
      he asked both how much I knew and how much I “understood”; I didn’t get the impression it came from a place of distrust. For what it’s worth, I’ve always been very honest with him about my decisions, and Morgan knows my joining BOS was not entirely, but very much due to the confidence I have in him as a person. If there’s no in game and out of game bullshit going on anymore, then I already know I’m where I want to be, because I’d always choose to stand with my clever friend.

So it’s “what do you know, where do your loyalties lie, and can I trust you?” If we’re redrawing battle lines it sounds like something we all need to ask ourselves.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

Given my impressions for our chat the other day, this doesn’t strike me as being about sides or loyalties as we’ve been thinking about. This is about personal stakes.

Morgan’s.

He basically told Lauren he wanted out. And we know what happens to people that try to get out.

Maranda
      Participant

Morgan might not have been doing “what he thought was right” before because he was trusting in TPTB to set the course and playing his part, if you will. But now something had happened to force Morgan to deviate from that course and set his own.

Mike
      Participant

He was done with this in-game, out-of-game horseshit.

he’d called from a No Caller ID number

K

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

@mike

Speaks the truth

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@mike’s post is hilarious, though I do think there’s a more charitable read: as things have have continued to not add up, Morgan has begun to believe that working with TPTB, and the blurred lines that resulted, are dangerous. Utilizing a No Caller ID number could be the first salvo in putting walls that had previously been destroyed back in place.

Up until this point, Morgan going behind the curtain to work with TPTB has largely been something I’d assumed was OOG. That changed the moment he mentioned meeting with DLB in his call to Lauren. Now it is firmly in-game – and we have to reexamine everything that’s happened with him in light of that new context. Why did they enlist him? To what end? Whose cause was he serving – and what’s changed in the last few months?

Chelsea
        Participant

@bcbishop My brain keeps sitting on him saying “I was already leaving the Briarberg foundation.” I can’t figure out where this ties in, but it’s there. Maybe that’s what changed?

Brad Ruwe
        Participant

@bcbishop Some really good points here. Once again we’re here having the scope of things expanded and things we once thought were “not part of this” are entirely part of it. If even @111error is having trouble grasping what’s really going on, then some seriously major shifts are taking place.

Megan
      Participant

@mike THAT IS THE BEST THANK YOU.

Also don’t we have Morgan’s number? Why bother?

Lauren Bello

Also don’t we have Morgan’s number? Why bother?

Because I would never report something he said to me calling simply from his own number. I’m guessing he called from a private number because he wanted us to know that it was ok to share what he told us.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Yeah forget what I said up
      There about “welcome back”.

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar