1 on Thursday

This topic has 99 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Briana.

• Author
       Sean

From Lust’s page on Facebook:

“90013 – Thursday – Only 1”

I absolutely don’t believe this is a code. This is a zip code and an invitation that only one person is going to see something tomorrow.

But what, and who?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

First come first served.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

*FURIOUSLY BEGINS SPECULATING*

But for real, this should get very interesting. Wonder how they determine the 1? Gonna be a Periscope drop?

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Wondering if maybe this is to be a community decision? Pick one to be in the zip on Thursday?

Sean

I’ll be straight shocked if it’s first come first served. I have to imagine that someone’s going to be getting a call or a message today or tomorrow.

Jackie
      Participant

I would literally sacrifice my entire work week, money, friends and all, to go. And I live in Riverside, right next door! Getting into LA at 1 isn’t bad at all.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Jackie.
       Mustafa Said
      Participant

It could be a community pick, maybe a Periscope that shows the location?

Sean

It’s definitely premature to make plans for us to choose who to send, but if it is going to be our decision, I’d say that we choose someone active who hasn’t been previously engaged.

Spread that shit around, yo.

GoldTongue
      Participant

Won’t be me, I’m a zero.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Now is it voting in a tribute, or battle to the death?

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

It definitely sounds like they’re goading us to pick a single person.

Let’s throw all the new people into the Thunderdome and see who comes out!

Sean

I agree with @meghanmayhem. Everyone get onto the island, grab a random backpack, and fight this shit out Battle Royale style to see who gets it.

Candace
      Participant

This is so exciting ???

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s what it sounds like to me.

Maxwell R
      Participant

Thunderdome? Who’s going to jump on my back?! Does a Masterblaster situation count as one person?!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Maxwell R.
       Sean

As long as we understand that we’re voting and potentially getting hopes up for no reason, I suppose it couldn’t hurt to assemble a list and vote, eh?

How about people who are available and interested and could make it to the area for Thursday put their names in here and later today I can make an online poll so that we can vote?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well… that will give us Losers something to ponder over tomorrow evening.

90013 is Boyle Heights area yeah?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

It depends on the time for me. If it’s lunch time I could hop the red line down to Pershing Square station from my office on my lunch break. If it’s an evening thing I could do the same. If it’s “work hours” I’m a no-go.

Candace
      Participant

I feel like it would be awkward to vote and then it turns out to be that they already have someone in mind who they’re planning to contact. Wouldn’t they be clear if they wanted us to choose?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I definitely think it should be one of the more active new comers.

Jackie
      Participant

@thegilded I want it so bad. it’s only a 50 minute drive from me (nothing by California standards!) I’m so available, and be available with no time constraint . Though I know many people have gotten either rejected or nothing, I got super nothing from my email. And I missed the wave of all the pre-tension fun. I just, oh man, I want it so bad.

Candace
      Participant

90013 is downtown LA isn’t it? That’s what came up on my gps. Or at least around that area.

Sean

This could truly be awkward, yes. We would have to stress that this vote may absolutely be leading to nothing. But dealing with awkwardness and hurt hopes seems preferable to not choosing someone when we should have.

I also absolutely agree with @thebuz

Jackie
        Participant

awkward and uncomfortably seems to be the name of the game.

Candace
      Participant

Nicole Mae
      Participant

Throwing @emilee in the list if we’re creating one. she lives in Hollywood.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

Whoever it is… be careful with what you touch…

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Can I just point out that 13 is seen as unlucky? Whomever goes is probably not going to have a good time in 90013.

Russell
      Participant

In the past if the community were to nominate someone, we were told specifically to do so.
      Just posting a zip code could create a free-for-all if it’s to be a live drop of some kind.
      Personally, I agree with the idea that this is more specific.
      Keep an eye on those emails and phones, folks!

@julierei
      Good point 😉

@thegilded
      If this were Battle Royale… you’d kick everybody’s ass.

Jackie
      Participant

@nothenrygale, Luck or lack there of, is only a matter of perspective.

Mike
      Participant

@russell – Not true, it depends what we got in our backpacks. If it were a Battle Royal, then yes, @thegilded would throw us over the top rope 2 people at a time

Anonymous
      Inactive

Any future posts that imply the veterans aren’t inclusive of newbies gets a link to this thread from me. Well played, even if a vote isn’t needed! Whoever/whatever it is be safe and enjoy.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

“Only the active move forward.”

If we do offer poll results for The Powers That Be’s consideration I’ll always take this mantra in mind first and foremost.

I would also take into consideration the potential motives of the nominee, as well as their perceived endurance.

If a newer participant fits these criteria I would vote for them over a veteran.

Lia
      Participant

@ziegenbart Agreed. The OG’s are G’s to begin with for a reason. 🙂

thehazelverse
      Participant

I am so ready for these games to roll, and available for the challenge. 🙂

(But excited for WHOEVER gets either chosen or selected!!!)

Sage
      Participant

Darn, I’m trying to be active and I live in LA, but Thursday is a no go for me this week.

Nosnevets
      Participant

I’m not sure this is a choice. Like @russell-eaton said. When we were given one before it was stated. This is a plan. They already know who they want. Look at @lilmsfancpants and @bcbishop They were chosen for a reason.

thehazelverse
      Participant

True, but maybe this is a way for them to sus out who’s even able to participate during said date.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

You know, I’m in a precarious position within the grand scheme of the game. Totem pole style.
      I was a super late comer and didn’t really participate in the ARG at all, never had a single ARG interaction.
      But once I came into the game at the end during Ascension, I came in hard and due to my interactions with the participants and creators, I often seem at a glance like an old timer when in fact, naaah. I never got to play. I wanna play. Hey Noah, I wanna play!

thehazelverse
      Participant

In the grand scheme of things, there are more of us that haven’t really gotten to play than have… so it’s anyone’s bet who they’ll have in mind. 🙂

Megan
      Participant

I’m going to throw out my support for @michelle, in case it matters.

Kyle Bown
      Participant

Fascinating. As with others, can totally be available during the evening/night time. But it sounds like, if we are to choose, there are people with much broader availability.

Can’t wait to see what happens.

Jackie
      Participant

@hazelverse that could be very true. I like the idea of the community sending like, an ambassador (or sacrificial lamb) but nothing is random, I wouldn’t doubt the Sinclair’s have an idea of who they want.

Cristen
      Participant

I imagine a bunch of cute “losers” are gonna be crowded around a Tiki mug with a cellphone in hand tomorrow night. ?

thehazelverse
      Participant

We are so easily manipulated.

Kevin
      Participant

I’ll throw my hat into the ring for this. If it goes down between like 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM, I can be available.

As an alternative to voting, maybe some kind of Tension-esque puzzle to solve for those that are available could work? Might help to avoid some drama from a public vote.

Sage
      Participant

@wanda102, LOL!! They should find an alternate tiki bar downtown! Or a “shadow” tiki bar…whomp, whomp.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Sage.
       Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

I think the more important questions are:

Who’s handling the overwatch?
      Who’s most proficient with a sniper rifle, since Damien can’t be trusted?
      Who’s commanding the strike team?
      Who’s providing the nitrile gloves?

Megan
      Participant

@larry coincidentally I’m placing an order for nitrile gloves right now…

thehazelverse
      Participant

Hahahaha. One turns into a swat team…

M.
      Participant

@coryphella Goodness. *kisses you*

I agree that I think they may already have in mind who it is or may have a task that needs to be completed in order to be chosen. My bet is the already know.

That being said, there were many of us who are considered OG ARG participants and didn’t get any one on ones or dead drops. It was a very select few who did. I imagine this could go to anyone (OG, newbie, or middle of the game participant). I’m sure whomever is chosen will be worthy and I look forward to what transpires from it.

Who will be met? OSDM? Noah? Sarah? Michelle? Someone new?

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

@coryphella As long as I don’t find you standing in my urologist’s office on my next visit, you’re good to go.

Sean

@larry – I have hundreds of hours at the range and some light combat training so I could probably do well on the fireteam….

But I also main Pharah and have some Reaper experience so it may be best if I stay on Overwatch

Kevin
      Participant

@thegilded There’s a Shadow Step joke in there somewhere…

Lia
      Participant

@thegilded @larry CALM DOWN, gentlemen!

@michelle
      It’s probably Noah. The way that information is being doled out sounds the same as the emails that @bcbishop and I received last week. Super terse and vague. He’s a busy guy!

Anonymous
      Inactive

If @thegilded and I joined forces in a Battle Royale scenario everyone is dead already.

Andrew Kasch
        Participant

“If @thegilded and I joined forces in a Battle Royale scenario everyone is dead already.”

Of course that’s what you two would be saying… right until Susie machine gunned you from behind.

Twan Intarathuch
      Participant

Well, whatever happens tomorrow, I’m excited that I get to meet some fellow “Losers” and discuss the day’s events over some tiki drinks. Good luck to whoever gets picked!

Sean

@thebuz – Obviously. I mean do you remember that picture that we took that one time that totally wasn’t just made in paint in less than a minute?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Sean. Reason: Made image bigger
       Anonymous
      Inactive

@thegilded Ah yes. When my arms were super tan and I was pushing too many pencils.

Sean

Honestly after looking at it I had completely forgotten that your arm even bends that way. Impressive, really.

Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

I’m going to take a wild guess that @thegilded was actually holding some form of hard liquor in the original pic.

Nosnevets
        Participant

I’m guessing whiskey or scotch.

Cristen
      Participant

@sfire8 hey Villains Tavern is right over there and they make cocktails in mason jars JUST saying…

Blondie
      Participant

*poofs into existence at the mere mention of booze*

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@blondie I’m glad I’m not the only one that appears like a genie when you uncap a bottle of whiskey.

Jeremy
      Participant

I’m on spring break so I’m free the rest of the week! It would however take me a few hours to get to LA, but I want Lust to screw with my life.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@thegilded hey, we’re supposed to calm down cuz @lilmsfancpants is all doe-eyed over fucking charming fucking sociopath Noah and not take adequate precautions?

Does she think this is some fucking Jane fucking Austen novel? This is a broad ranging conspiracy of monumental proportions. So pardon me while I pop a champagne cork into the back of your head for your own good, Lia-San.

You’ve been seduced. Shake it off! You have to remain clear-eyed and frosty if we hope to survive from one day to the next. We are all in this together and I don’t want to be calling in a cleaner to scrape up your crispy remains from the floor of some warehouse.

I mean that all in a nice way, of course. ?

Kristin
      Participant

Pretty sure @thegilded and I would make it to the end ????

Lia
      Participant

@larry, Mr. Darcy fantasies aside, we just don’t have the whole story yet. We don’t have enough information to prove that Noah is OSDM incarnate. Also, It sounds like there are plenty of other people that sent emails vying for his attention and willing to give something up to be taken under his wing.

Both Bryan and I were invited to be on his team. Well, I was invited. @bcbishop was… coerced. Either way, my initial emails to him and Sarah were brutal, but honest and I’m happy where I am.

If things ever turn south, I know how to take care of myself. And I’ll have the intel to help bring that sweet talking, son of a bitch down.

Sage
        Participant

@lilmsfancpants, you go girl! Of course you can take care of yourself! And being open to the experience is what this is all about right??

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@lilmsfancpants wellllll, okayyyyyyy, if you say so, but out here, “Friendlies” turn into “butchers” in an instant. Whomever goes should at least wear a Kevlar vest and carry a few grenades.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In the unlikely event of a BR scenario:
      Look, I’m not saying not to trust the plucky hackers (@winstonsmith, etc)… but I certainly wouldn’t trust us. (She said, being equal parts Mimura and Mitsuko…)

Anonymous
      Inactive

@lilmsfancpants You’re on a dark path.

First you think you’re playing it close to the chest, playing the game, waiting for your moment.

Next thing you know you’re hate strangling a midget on a couch some where in Boyle Heights in front of a webcam.

Watch your step. Your soul is at stake.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

@thebuz “hate strangling a midget on a couch somewhere in Boyle Heights in front of a webcam” is basically my romantic opener.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@Larry, you don’t really think a kevlar vest and weaponry are going to save you from what Noah Sinclair (or the OSDM) have planned, do you? You most of all know their battleground isn’t your body. It’s your mind. And they’re already inside.

Cannot wait to see what happens tomorrow night. Awfully convenient that they just happened to pick the same night as @thebuz’s group hang — particularly since @lilmsfancpants and I were from the “winners” email list. Perhaps it’s time for one of the other group of respondents to get some facetime?

Anonymous
        Inactive

@bcbishop I was thinking the same damn thing.

I certainly posted about it before they made that fb post.

Only issue is that we’re at a bar in NoHo Arts District. Not Downtown LA.

So… it probably won’t be something happening during the meet up, but more than likely right before. Or hell it may be during. We’re meeting at 7:30 and traffic won’t be awful. So they may call us and force us to choose… a winner amongst the losers.

Who knows though. They are anything but predictable.

Lawrence Meyers
        Participant

I just realized. What if “Only 1” means THE ONE. Like, ALL OF US?

Chris
      Participant

I’m currently on spring break and earned both the riflery AND archery merit badges, so I’m available for 24 hours of the best specialized combat support the Boy Scouts of America can offer. I’ll start cruising Google Earth to see if 90013 has a bell tower.

Lia
      Participant

@sfire8 @thebuz It’s not fun unless things get a little messy. I’m done with playing it safe.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

It is a bit suspicious that they do this on the day of the “Losers Meetup”. Maybe Noah is picking one of his “winners” to deliver a message to those of us grabbing drinks in NoHo?

EDIT: Just saw the earlier message saying something similar.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Kimberly Stewart
      Participant

It’s not fun unless things get a little messy. I’m done with playing it safe.

I like this very much @lilmsfancpants. If there’s anything I’ve learned throughout my time with OSDM and associated, it’s to keep an open mind and don’t dig your heels in too deeply. That seems a really quick way to end up wrong or marginalized. Around here, things are usually never what they first seem. I will always listen, even if the speaker is my perceived enemy.

colin
      Participant

hope its me!

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@larry I feel like if they meant the collective “ONE” they would’ve written it out as “Only THE ONE” rather than “Only 1”. Though we’ll find out for sure tomorrow!

Cristen
      Participant

@larry One ring to rule them all?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@wanda102 Don’t get me started, Arwen.

Melissa
      Participant

@larry I actually had the same thought for a brief moment of The One. FWIW if we were voting for a pick I’d pick you.

Cristen
      Participant

@larry I’d like to think of myself as more of a Galadriel, honestly. ?

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

WHAT???? ME??? I’ll take that in the spirit in which it is intended, but you really must want to get rid of me. You’re just anxious to try out your fancy forensic tools on my body before I hit rigor.

I vote for anybody BUT me.

Julie R Goldstein
      Participant

I vote @larry… He’s squishy…

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@wanda102 If I should ever need your help, I know you will come.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

SQUISHY??? Like, cute as a button and squishy? Or like, just the right amount of well-placed flab so when I’m hugged and I let out a wheeze like a squeak toy? Or that I’m easily influenced? Or run over?

I’m getting off this train now!!!

Maranda
      Participant

Late to the party because timezones. I also think “only 1” refers to one person, though I wouldn’t cross off other possibilities as well. I wonder why they went with the 90013 zip, out of all of the areas in Los Angeles? Does anyone familiar with the area know if there’s a location of interest there that could be used for whatever it is that might happen?

Maranda
      Participant

@larry, you should totally be the person to go 😀 The theories you’d come back with would be gold!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just gonna throw this out there. I literally have the entire day and night off tomorrow. It’s one of my only days off and my only plan was to do my taxes….I would MUCH rather be constantly on my phone checking periscope and just chilling downtown for a long stretch of time. #nolifeonthursday

Cristen
      Participant

@larry *throws Light of Elendil*

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Top Ten Most Likely Meeting Locations in 90013, in no particular order:

1) Villains Tavern
      2) LA Gun Club
      3) LAPD
      4) Pershing Square
      5) The Down and Out
      6) The Bradbury Building
      7) Nickel Diner
      8) The Russ Hotel
      9) Metro Rail Facility
      10)Grand Central Market

Jackie
      Participant

Did we learn anything else? did anyone get picked?

Masomoment
      Participant

Based on the email I just sent Noah its not going to be me haha.

But yeah its 1 person and that’s a zipcode and that person probably already knows who they are.

Briana
      Participant

isn’t is @julierei? Or is that something else?

Viewing 92 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar