07/08 – Call from The Resistance

This topic has 61 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by superstar.

• Author
       Anonymous
      Inactive

Yesterday, I received a call from my pal and yours, @meghanmayhem. I could tell that strange things were afoot at the Circle K, because she was all business and needed to meet with me in person ASAP. As I was working from home, she was kind enough to drive all of the way down to the South Bay.

It turns out that The Resistance has noticed my shit-stirring and affinity for fucking shit up and have decided to reach out to me. Meghan handed me an envelope with a pre-paid burner phone and a note embossed with the BOS logo and instructions not to talk about the delivery or phone until I received a call. It said that once I receive a call that I am to IMMEDIATELY post the instructions that I receive from the call on the forums. I am also to keep this phone charged and be ready to answer at any and all times. I must be ready to post 24/7. There can be no delay.

Guess who just got a call?

The voice on the other line was a cordial yet stern, femme, British-accented text-to-speech bot. Reminded me a little of Missy from Doctor Who, and certainly the anti-@joycecarlberg.

I am to keep the Resistance phone fully charged for the next 4 days. Sometime during this timeframe, I can expect to receive an important call. As stated in the note, I am to answer the phone immediately and be ready for whatever might be coming my way, including making the requisite forum posts.

Looks like my boots are back on the pavement. Fuck yer cult. Let’s get weird. #burnitdown

Cara
      Participant

Yes!!! Viva la resistance!!

Michael Rizzo
      Participant

Ahhhhh shieeeet, its bout to go down

Andrew Kasch
      Participant

Yes! I am very curious to learn more about the revolt… especially in light of recent events!

Cristen
      Participant

How clandestine.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

So stoked. Can’t wait to see what goes down!

Blondie
      Participant

Woot! So psyched for this and for you @kipsie! ❤ If I was building a resistance, I’d certainly want you on my team.

Kortney
      Participant

Meghan gets burner phone, hands off a (different?) burner phone. The resistance seems like fun.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

Congratulations.

And now we wait.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

Anyone else wondering if the bot on the phone was MyChild?

Lia
      Participant

@nothenrygale that’s a very interesting idea. That would make total sense. They’re one woman down, it’s all hands on deck.

@kortneydarling
      her card needs to be all phones.

Chloe
      Participant

@nothenrygale That is interesting. Would make sense since it’s Stacey’s baby, maybe it’ll be playing a bigger leading role in the resistance? The resistance has already been able to hack into the forums, maybe they can hack into OSDM’s personal systems with MyChild later on.

Evan
      Participant

Oh boy! Let me know if you need any incendiary devices or accelerants.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@jacksonpolyp I definitely do not have access to large quantities to thermite. Nope, not at all. 😀

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Things are getting rather interesting… we have a seemingly all women resistance developing and they are most likely mocking Joyce? I hear a slowly building golf clap in the distance…

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

Y’all gonna die.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re all going to die someday, @larry.
      Live a little. Resist.

Sean

Good choice of associate on the part of the resistance. Also a good choice of theirs to use text to speech. I’m surprised we haven’t seen more of it up to this point

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@kipsie

I know deceit when I smell it.

You can’t spin a spin doctor.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gaBhVIsgouqBi/giphy.gif

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

Oh, how absolutely lovely, your little gang of misfits now has a burner cell phone. Where have I heard that before? I just can not seem to remember. What is next dear?  A clandestine meeting? Oh yes, I guess that is how you got the phone in the first place isn’t it love?  How delightfully original! I can completely see why you would be so absolutely enamored!

If you would like to start a so-called resistance maybe you should “resist” doing that which others have done before you.  Or, I suppose, you could just get in the long line of not-so original things that appear to be popping up here, there and everywhere!    

Might I make a few suggestions to really get the common folk excited?  Perhaps, one could talk about salvation, finding the real answers, a touch of mysticism, a bit of old fashioned spookiness, oh and a bit of paranoia always makes the medicine go down!

In fact, why not just do as the others and duplicate most of my people’s methodologies from the last year or so?  Why try something interesting and new when you can simply hop in a figurative time machine and relive the glory be of the past in less exciting, more watered-down versions?

Delightful!  

“Golly-gee Bill, It is new but it’s also something I completely expect and, like, totally understand where it is going. It frees my simple American mind from haffin’ ta think too hard.”

Right? That is the thinking?  Why have a steak when the microwave oven chicken fingers from the Applebee’s restaurant chain are so readily accessible?  

I am.  I am sorry, this is the one single thing that does in fact get under my skin.

We all just need to remember that, as they say, imitation is the most sincere form of…  It is just that I feel positively fucked cross-eyed by all of this flattery everywhere I turn.

Oh dear, such language.  

Okay, I am going to stop while I might still be a little ahead and go ahead and offer you a choice @kipsie.  You can bandwagon with your Scooby Doo Mystery Team that appears to ape the conventions we have all seen before OR.

You can give me that phone and I promise, I will make it worth your while.  

You have one hour or until I get through this half pint of Chunky Monkey to decide.  Do so publicly rather than in the shadows like the cockroaches of our little “resistance”.  Good luck to you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by JoyceCarlberg.
       Megan
      Participant

oh and a bit of paranoia always makes the medicine go down!

I believe the phrase you’re looking for is “a spoonful.” I know this one, trust me.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

@kipsie I believe in you. Do the right thing.

Megan
      Participant

@kipsie – do the interesting thing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you would like to start a so-called resistance maybe you should “resist” doing that which others have done before you. Or, I suppose, you could just get in the long line of not-so original things that appear to be popping up here, there and everywhere!

Great point, @joycecarlberg. Let’s see how fast this thing can go.

The phone is mine. If you want it so bad, feel free to reach into my bra and grab it. You know where to find me.

Kortney
      Participant

Bor-ring. 😛

Resistance may be on the path of righteousness but it’s definitely heading towards the land of cotton candy instead of fun hellfire.

Hope we start taking more risks in the future. This could have been a fun charcoal path to go down.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@kortneydarling Bullshit on that. The first rule of Hacker Club is you do not narc. The second rule of Hacker Club is you do not fucking narc.

This isn’t the first time that @meghanmayhem, @winstonsmith and I have attended the cult rodeo, and I assure you that we are capable of very interesting things.

Meghan Mayhem
      Participant

Oh, @joycecarlberg you foolish thing.

You’d have better luck demanding compliance from a gust of wind than you would @kipsie. My girl would never turn on her people, nor does she respond positively to weak demands from someone clearly worried. She and I have been down this path before. Spoilers? It doesn’t work out well for you.

Oh, and fun side note! You’re right. The burner phone tactic does sound familiar. Maybe it reminds me of that time when even the High Prince in the castle was sick of your people’s shit and went rogue. Tisk.

Jackie
      Participant

Fuck yer cult.

I’m feeling like this more and more.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

*eating of popcorn intensifies*

Sage
      Participant

@joycecarlberg, you are an evil Mary Poppins, but your sugar sweet threats are getting old and clearly not working? Maybe try something more original yourself?

Winston Smith
      Participant

Oh, how absolutely lovely, your little gang of misfits now has a burner cell phone. Where have I heard that before? I just can not seem to remember. What is next dear? A clandestine meeting? Oh yes, I guess that is how you got the phone in the first place isn’t it love? How delightfully original! I can completely see why you would be so absolutely enamored!

Yeah, god forbid someone use an effective and proven technique to communicate out of band in a manner that’s difficult to track. You must be so frustrated. You think all that jolly hides the stench of your fear? What worries you more, the imitation, or the fact that there’s something you don’t know? Who do you think you picked up that technique from? Are you Al Gore, did you invent the Internet too?

If you would like to start a so-called resistance maybe you should “resist” doing that which others have done before you. Or, I suppose, you could just get in the long line of not-so original things that appear to be popping up here, there and everywhere!

You make an excellent point, Joyce. Stay tuned. I guarantee you’ll see something interesting.

In fact, why not just do as the others and duplicate most of my people’s methodologies from the last year or so? Why try something interesting and new when you can simply hop in a figurative time machine and relive the glory be of the past in less exciting, more watered-down versions?

The funny thing about technology, Joyce, is that it’s amoral, it doesn’t really care if you use it for good, or evil. You want to use a weapon against us, and then cry foul when the same weapon is used against you? Grow the fuck up. Are you even taking this seriously? For a cult that’s been around for thousands of years,
      you seem to have a pretty naive point of view. I’d like to think you’re just having an off day, and that you’ll be more intimidating tomorrow. It’s almost like you’re new at this.

Delightful!

Yes, it is, isn’t it?

“Golly-gee Bill, It is new but it’s also something I completely expect and, like, totally understand where it is going. It frees my simple American mind from haffin’ ta think too hard.”

Right? That is the thinking? Why have a steak when the microwave oven chicken fingers from the Applebee’s restaurant chain are so readily accessible?

Are you supposed to be the steak in this analogy? Cuz pretty much everything I’ve seen outta you so far has been reprocessed TV-dinner bullshit.

I am. I am sorry, this is the one single thing that does in fact get under my skin.

You better get yourself a coping mechanism, because you ain’t seen nothing yet.

We all just need to remember that, as they say, imitation is the most sincere form of… It is just that I feel positively fucked cross-eyed by all of this flattery everywhere I turn.

You can’t claim credit for Tradecraft, Joyce. Don’t be silly.

Okay, I am going to stop while I might still be a little ahead and go ahead and offer you a choice @kipsie. You can bandwagon with your Scooby Doo Mystery Team that appears to ape the conventions we have all seen before OR.

You want that phone pretty bad, don’t you? Does that phone scare you, Joyce? You’ll make it worth her while? What’s your offer? Let’s talk business, Joyce. What’s that phone worth to you? A lot? It sounds like this phone is pretty valuable to you, like maybe it’s pretty important that you get your hands on it. What happens if you fail in your mission, Joyce? Will you be in trouble?

You have one hour or until I get through this half pint of Chunky Monkey to decide. Do so publicly rather than in the shadows like the cockroaches of our little “resistance”. Good luck to you.

Naah, you get way more work done in the shadows. You love your simulations, and your computer analysis. The thing about computers, is that they’re not really great at original thought, and they’re highly susceptible to misinformation. Your entire organization is driven by data. If you don’t have useful data, what exactly do you have? You know what they say, Joyce. Garbage in, Garbage out. Computers are great, but trust me, they are noooooo match for human ingenuity. You’re afraid of something you can’t see coming. You’re more vulnerable than you realize.

How does that uncertainty make you feel, Joyce? Tell us about it.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@joycecarlberg Seems to be shaking in her boots a bit about this resistance and that phone… *triggered*… if you’re not intimidated by this “cult” then why do you care what they do and who they choose to join them? Hmmmmmm quite the lengthy post for such a silly Scooby Doo Mystery Team. I’d say it sounds like you know deep down they are much more capable of becoming more than just a second season attempt. Seems to me they’re about to blow you out of the water and you’re very aware

Jackie
      Participant

Okay, I am going to stop while I might still be a little ahead and go ahead and offer you a choice @kipsie. You can bandwagon with your Scooby Doo Mystery Team that appears to ape the conventions we have all seen before OR.
      You have one hour or until I get through this half pint of Chunky Monkey to decide. Do so publicly rather than in the shadows like the cockroaches of our little “resistance”. Good luck to you.

If the resistance is just a Scooby Doo gang, why does anyone of any real power need the phone. If they’re (the resistance) is all just fucks, surely nothing, or any connections they have, are of any consequence to the powers that be, right? It’s all just delaying the inevitable? Or, or, the power is just a masquerade and maybe the cockroaches are something to be worried about?

And I’m going to take a stance right here, right now:
      Chunky Monkey sucks.

111error
      Participant

@theladyj

Chunky Monkey sucks.

One of many things here I agree with. Not only does it suck, but who eats half a pint of it in one sitting? Probably the same kind of person that thinks a foot wide Fluffernutter is good end to a delicious tapas meal.

The Resistance has gotten right up Joyce’s nose.

Jackie
      Participant

A shared thought:

I imagine @joycecarlberg is like Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter. All Chip, Chip, Cherrio and then carving shit into your hand.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

@theladyj

I WILL have order!

Direct quote from the Umbridge herself ?

That’s so Joyce!

Jackie
      Participant

@111error

Chunky Monkey sucks.

This guy gets it. THIS.GUY.GETS.IT.

@shankfx22

I WILL have order!
      Direct quote from the Umbridge herself ?
      That’s so Joyce!

Girl, it’s about to get some expecto patronum up in here.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Jackie.
       Brad Ruwe
      Participant

We interrupt this wonderful Potter love-fest for some Pro-Resistance video.

The Resistance is growing. They are getting ready to burn it down. #TheLustExperience @meghanmayhem

A post shared by Brad Ruwe (@nothenrygale) on

Oops, did I include Remy’s email address in this video? My bad.

remystone1841@gmail.com

In case it’s not loading for anyone else, click here.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Brad Ruwe.
       Bryan Bishop
      Participant

The most dangerous mistake one can make is assuming that those you’re opposed to share your world view and goals.

@joycecarlberg
      shaking in her boots? If she sees The Resistance as the substantive threat it wants to be, then sure, I suppose that read holds. But on the other hand, if she’s just trying to do her job – keeping people engaged with The Experience, and stirring up as many emotional responses as possible along the way – then her reply becomes the eye-rolling, vaguely exhausted dare others of us are reading it as.

Either way, the end result is people are fired up, responding, and engaging on social media. That’s a win for @joycecarlberg.

Not trolling here, but trying to point out an important point of differentiation. The Resistance may want to take down OSDM, but Joyce wants to keep the community active and involved. Those goals are not necessarily in opposition to one another.

Anonymous
      Inactive

F-f-f-f-fuck ’em all! RESIST!

Megan
      Participant

Chunky Monkey is my second favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry’s.
      And I’ve eaten not only a half pint in one sitting but a WHOLE freaking pint a few times in my life. Hazards of being on the tenure track.

JoyceCarlberg
      Participant

@kipsie, I waited to reply until I had sufficiently calmed down. You are all noted and accounted for. All.

Winston Smith
        Participant

@joycecarlberg Oh yeah, was it a little something like this?

“Dear Diary, the Internet was so mean to me today! I acted like a perfectly snooty, entitled brat, and nobody liked it! Why can’t I make any friends? It feels like everyone is talking about me behind my back. I’m so worried that my boss is going to find out that I’m a fraud, and that I’m failing at my job. I can’t stop thinking about what happened to the person who had this job before me.”

Andrew Kasch
        Participant

@kipsie, I waited to reply until I had sufficiently calmed down. You are all noted and accounted for. All.

@joycecarlberg
        Angry? Short? All worked up?

That’s So NOT Joyce!

Anonymous
      Inactive

@joycecarlberg Back to the Chunk Monkey, then?

View post on imgur.com

Cristen
      Participant

@winstonsmith yet here you are, present and engaged in the experience @joycecarlberg maintains for us. I wouldn’t call it failing in the slightest.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

@wanda102 They’re certainly not making it difficult for her, are they?

Mustafa Said
      Participant

It’s not just @winstonsmith who’s still around here. We all are still kicking around with this…one way or another, @joycecarlberg’s goal is to make sure we remain engaging with whatever experience the ODSM has in store for us. In that regard, she’s kind of already won.

For her to ‘lose’ would mean for there to be no activity here, no input from anyone. Basically, we’d have to stop doing this. And I’m doubtful any of us are going to walk away. We’re all in this for the long haul-and Joyce knows that. All she has to do is make sure we’re strapped in and not going anywhere else before the ride starts.

Bryan Bishop
      Participant

We’re all in this for the long haul-and Joyce knows that. All she has to do is make sure we’re strapped in and not going anywhere else before the ride starts.

Well said, @mumumusings. And isn’t it fascinating that the appearance of The Resistance, and the BOS reach-out, also have the side-effect of serving that very same goal?

It’s enough to make you think there’s something funny going on.

Mustafa Said
      Participant

@bcbishop If I remember correctly, Michelle revealed that the BOS was originally created by the ODSM as a group to catch defectors from the OOA. The Resistance this time could be serving the same purpose-those that want to fight the system now have an ‘outlet’ by which they can, but it’s not a perfect one.

Lawrence Meyers
      Participant

@joycecarlberg …I’m so disappointed. I was hoping to do something silly and ridiculous with you this Sunday morning. You know, two PR hacks throwing darts at the drywall and swapping talk of bangers and mash.

Hannah Schenck
      Participant

Here’s a thought:

@joycecarlberg
      you are just as much a guinea pig for the OSDM to collect emotions as we are… Do you really think that they bestowed upon you the role of solely manipulating and retrieving emotions by getting us riled up without thinking they can’t get the same affect out of you? It seems to be playing in their favor quite well, as you are releasing some intriguing emotions. When you work for people who are known for lying, corruption, and manipulation, you are naive to think that you are spared from also being used.

Shaun
      Participant

Have we ever seen @joycecarlberg worked up? I’m not believing this at all.

Side note: A full pint of Ben & Jerry’s is the only way to go.. otherwise you risk freezer burn the next time you remember it.

Kevin
      Participant

@shankfx22 If that were the case, I assume Joyce is well aware that she’s as much a part of the data collection as we are.

Or as @shaun suggests @joycecarlberg’s latest post is an act. Every time she posts she generates incredibly intense reactions. We’ve seen shock, anger, gloating, devotion, and even more. Almost as if each post is meant to tap into something specific. They keep gathering that data and we keep winding the clock.

Blondie
      Participant

@joycecarlberg Are we meant to be intimidated by your little rants? Nothing you say seems to be changing anyone’s minds – those who support you continue to do so, those on board with the resistance continue to see you as the ridiculous, ice cream addicted, all talk no trousers, organ grinder’s monkey that you are… *yawn*

Jackie
      Participant

Chunky Monkey Saga, day 2: Joyce isn’t monkeying around.

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I think @joycecarlberg needs a vacation. Clearly she’s getting a bit worn down and exhausted by the job with The Investors.

Don't you think she looks tired?

superstar
      Participant

It seems like we think we know what the Resistance is fighting against (the OSDM). But, maybe what we should be asking is, “What is the Resistance fighting for?”.

Blondie
      Participant

@superstar Truth, justice and freedom? Just off the top of my head…

Shaun
      Participant

I think Joyce said it best in this post when she said “The resistance? The resistance to what? Having a good time? To fun?”. Never mind that she also threatened to curb stomp us if we misbehaved..

Is it possible we’re getting played by both sides right now? Can @joycecarlberg be the leader of The Resistance? They wouldn’t do that to us would they?

Brad Ruwe
      Participant

I’ll throw some “Freedom, Beauty, Truth & Love” out there and see if The Resistance agrees.

Or wait, is that taken already?

superstar
      Participant

@blondie Perhaps. Then again, maybe I’m missing something, but has Stacey or anyone else associated with the Resistance actually stated specifically what they hope to accomplish, other than “blowing this thing wide open”, etc.?

I’m not exactly a fan of the OSDM’s goals and tactics. But I’m also not yet 100% convinced that the Resistance has our best interests in mind, either.

Viewing 59 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 The LUST Experience | Brought to you by the makers of The TENSION Experience |  Privacy Policy.

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar